Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2013
1:38:33 PM
View profile
Why can't I get new iPhone 5s with ATT Next program??
I walked into an ATT store today, fortunate to know that they had 1 iPhone 5s remaining. I qualified to receive the full upgrade discount, and I also qualified for the ATT Next program. Unfortunately if I opted for the ATT Next program, I could not take the phone with me, I would have to wait 2-3 weeks to get it in the mail. This sounds ridiculous, especially if you're trying to get people to buy into the ATT Next program. Why do I have to wait a month to get it in the mail if you have a phone in stock in store??
I walked into an ATT store today, fortunate to know that they had 1 iPhone 5s remaining. I qualified to receive the full upgrade discount, and I also qualified for the ATT Next program. Unfortunately if I opted for the ATT Next program, I could not take the phone with me, I would have to wait 2-3 weeks to get it in the mail. This sounds ridiculous, especially if you're trying to get people to buy into the ATT Next program. Why do I have to wait a month to get it in the mail if you have a phone in stock in store??

Why can't I get new iPhone 5s with ATT Next program??

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 10:36:23 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, sublogic!

I'm sorry to hear you ran into some problems when you tried to purchase the new iPhone using our Next program. If you don't mind sending us a message by clicking here, we would like to look into this further.

Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

Also, if you could message me by clicking here, I would like to know the address of the store that denied you an upgrade using Next.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, sublogic!

I'm sorry to hear you ran into some problems when you tried to purchase the new iPhone using our Next program. If you don't mind sending us a message by clicking here, we would like to look into this further.

Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

Also, if you could message me by clicking here, I would like to know the address of the store that denied you an upgrade using Next.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Why can't I get new iPhone 5s with ATT Next program??

2 of 13 (3,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 9:48:35 PM
(0)
Employee
The problem was is you were in an Authorized Retailer, not a corporate store
The problem was is you were in an Authorized Retailer, not a corporate store
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 13 (2,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 6:21:27 AM
(0)
Expert

Sublogic wrote:

was the phone in a box or on display - the display models are non-functional, never seen a corproate store not sell the phone they had in stock

Sublogic wrote:

was the phone in a box or on display - the display models are non-functional, never seen a corproate store not sell the phone they had in stock

4 of 13 (2,536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 6:29:40 AM
(0)
Employee
That's because it wasn't a corporate store
That's because it wasn't a corporate store

5 of 13 (2,534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 6:42:34 AM
(0)
Expert

where was that stated?

Sublogic wrote:

where was that stated?

Sublogic wrote:

6 of 13 (2,528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 6:43:57 AM
(0)
Employee
Its not stated, authorized retailers do not participate in all of the same policies corporate stores do, it's the responsibility of the authorized retailer to explain that.
Its not stated, authorized retailers do not participate in all of the same policies corporate stores do, it's the responsibility of the authorized retailer to explain that.

7 of 13 (2,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 6:47:26 AM
(0)
Employee
It doesn't have to be stated, that's obviously what happened. A corporate store would not hold the inventory. Also, iPhones can't be 'held' for a customer, saying that if a customer asked to put it on hold a corporate store wouldn't do it. Therefore, the only reason why it wouldn't have been sold on the NEXT program is if it was an Authorized Retailer because they do not exhaust inventory for NEXT
It doesn't have to be stated, that's obviously what happened. A corporate store would not hold the inventory. Also, iPhones can't be 'held' for a customer, saying that if a customer asked to put it on hold a corporate store wouldn't do it. Therefore, the only reason why it wouldn't have been sold on the NEXT program is if it was an Authorized Retailer because they do not exhaust inventory for NEXT

8 of 13 (2,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 9:47:33 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Nov 7, 2013 at 9:48:17 AM

aGuyWhoKnows wrote:

authorized retailers are required to participate in all att plans, they can how ever add on additional requirements and terms.

aGuyWhoKnows wrote:

authorized retailers are required to participate in all att plans, they can how ever add on additional requirements and terms.

[ Edited ]
9 of 13 (2,514 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 6:11:58 PM
(0)
Employee
Let me clarify, I know for a fact that Authorized Retailers order devices for customers choosing to go with the NEXT program. Corporate stores do not.
Let me clarify, I know for a fact that Authorized Retailers order devices for customers choosing to go with the NEXT program. Corporate stores do not.

10 of 13 (2,498 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 6:05:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

Sublogic wrote:

I've seen it firsthand.

wingrider01 wrote:

Sublogic wrote:

I've seen it firsthand.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 13 (2,465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 9:02:26 AM
(0)
Tutor
If you qualify for full up grade, don't take the AT&T next that is the biggest mistake, not just you pay 3 times the phone, but you get hand tie on that, I did it and I wish some one told me before that mistake
If you qualify for full up grade, don't take the AT&T next that is the biggest mistake, not just you pay 3 times the phone, but you get hand tie on that, I did it and I wish some one told me before that mistake

12 of 13 (1,669 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 4:56:55 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jan 13, 2014 at 4:57:38 PM

Jcordobar wrote:

not sure how you are justifying your statement of "you pay 3 yime the phone. you  pay the full retail price of the device spread over a time period, but it ends up being the exact retail cost of the phone. 199.00 is NOT the full retail prices of a 16GB iphone, 649.00 is. There is no subsidized upgrade price on the next program

Jcordobar wrote:

not sure how you are justifying your statement of "you pay 3 yime the phone. you  pay the full retail price of the device spread over a time period, but it ends up being the exact retail cost of the phone. 199.00 is NOT the full retail prices of a 16GB iphone, 649.00 is. There is no subsidized upgrade price on the next program

[ Edited ]
13 of 13 (1,652 Views)