Why att is most expensive provider ?

Contributor

Why att is most expensive provider ?

Why att is most expensive provider ?  for 3 phones T-Mobile is charging $90 doesn’t care smart or not smart unlimited text talk and DATA att wants 160-170 with very very limited data

Message 1 of 10
Guru

Re: Why att is most expensive provider ?

I would look into the att value plan to see if it lowers the price. Att has a much broader network and for the price their lte seems reasonable
Message 2 of 10
ACE - Professor

Actually the title of most expensive wireless provider goes to Verizon when you add the smartphone lines at $40 each.

At least AT&T lowered their prices along with line access with the new Mobile Share Value plans depending on how you purchase the device. But like Verizon, AT&T can back up the price reasoning. You honestly do get what you pay for. Smiley Wink

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 10
Professor

AT&T maintains a network that provides more nationwide coverage, especially for high-speed data, than T-Mobile does.

In order to make a closer comparison, T-Mobile's family plan that is $90 is more comparable to AT&T's Mobile Share Value plan that would cost $130 for three smartphones.  It's still a $40 difference, but the coverage difference that I mentioned before is also there.

Message 4 of 10
Contributor

for 130 3 lines I would take it but I checked the price with att customer support and it $40 for just plan (I have discount usually 45) 2 smart phones 40 each + one old not smart 20 = 140 and if I will change old phone to smart it will be $160 almost 2 times T-Mobile plus T-Mobile has unlimited DATA att just 1gb and 1gb /3 ~330mb per month

in my area T-Mobile service the same as att and this is reasonable price? My 2 lines has contract but I want to switch to metroPCS or something like this at least 1 line for $35-40 you can get really smart phone plan with all unlimeted

other word AT&T does not have smart phone plans if you

want just emergency phone att could be ok if you want smart phone go to somewhere else T-Mobile or even small company like metroPCS ptel they are using   T-Mobile network

Message 5 of 10
Contributor

att very close to verizon att wants 40-70 for just plan and after that for each phone
Message 6 of 10
Professor

The reason that I used the prices that I did for AT&T was that I compared the AT&T Mobile Share Value plan to T-Mobile's Simple Choice plan because those were the numbers that you used from T-Mobile. Both of these plans assume that you will bring your own devices.

If you are going to use the AT&T Mobile Share (not-Value) plan, I'm assuming that you plan to upgrade to subsidized phones.  If you want an apples-to-apples comparison, you have to add approximately $60 to the T-Mobile plan price to pay for three devices.

Message 7 of 10
Master

Evandela wrote:

Actually the title of most expensive wireless provider goes to Verizon when you add the smartphone lines at $40 each.

Yikes. Why do you think I left them 4 years ago? Smiley Wink

In my experience, Verizon's coverage is only minimally better than AT&T's in my area. Verizon iPhones consistently have one bar more than my prepaid AT&T one, so that's acceptable. Certainly nothing to pay 2 times more for, in my opinion. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 8 of 10
Master

As for the OP, AT&T and Verizon are very comparable to each other. Sprint is more on par with T-Mobile. AT&T and Verizon are known across the country for the best coverage nationwide. Sprint and T-Mobile are good as well, but I wouldn't say "as" good. In a way, you do get what you pay for. Not all the time, but most of the time.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Scholar

Verizon's definitely the highest...

Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support