Posted Dec 20, 2013
6:22:44 AM
View profile
Why att is most expensive provider ?

Why att is most expensive provider ?  for 3 phones T-Mobile is charging $90 doesn’t care smart or not smart unlimited text talk and DATA att wants 160-170 with very very limited data

Why att is most expensive provider ?  for 3 phones T-Mobile is charging $90 doesn’t care smart or not smart unlimited text talk and DATA att wants 160-170 with very very limited data

Why att is most expensive provider ?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 7:32:36 AM
(0)
Guru
I would look into the att value plan to see if it lowers the price. Att has a much broader network and for the price their lte seems reasonable
I would look into the att value plan to see if it lowers the price. Att has a much broader network and for the price their lte seems reasonable

Re: Why att is most expensive provider ?

2 of 10 (1,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 8:13:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Actually the title of most expensive wireless provider goes to Verizon when you add the smartphone lines at $40 each.

At least AT&T lowered their prices along with line access with the new Mobile Share Value plans depending on how you purchase the device. But like Verizon, AT&T can back up the price reasoning. You honestly do get what you pay for. :smileywink:

~Sunshine :smileyhappy:

Actually the title of most expensive wireless provider goes to Verizon when you add the smartphone lines at $40 each.

At least AT&T lowered their prices along with line access with the new Mobile Share Value plans depending on how you purchase the device. But like Verizon, AT&T can back up the price reasoning. You honestly do get what you pay for. :smileywink:

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (999 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 9:00:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

AT&T maintains a network that provides more nationwide coverage, especially for high-speed data, than T-Mobile does.

In order to make a closer comparison, T-Mobile's family plan that is $90 is more comparable to AT&T's Mobile Share Value plan that would cost $130 for three smartphones.  It's still a $40 difference, but the coverage difference that I mentioned before is also there.

AT&T maintains a network that provides more nationwide coverage, especially for high-speed data, than T-Mobile does.

In order to make a closer comparison, T-Mobile's family plan that is $90 is more comparable to AT&T's Mobile Share Value plan that would cost $130 for three smartphones.  It's still a $40 difference, but the coverage difference that I mentioned before is also there.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (993 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 11:24:32 AM
(0)
Edited by slava215285 on Dec 20, 2013 at 11:54:01 AM

for 130 3 lines I would take it but I checked the price with att customer support and it $40 for just plan (I have discount usually 45) 2 smart phones 40 each + one old not smart 20 = 140 and if I will change old phone to smart it will be $160 almost 2 times T-Mobile plus T-Mobile has unlimited DATA att just 1gb and 1gb /3 ~330mb per month

in my area T-Mobile service the same as att and this is reasonable price? My 2 lines has contract but I want to switch to metroPCS or something like this at least 1 line for $35-40 you can get really smart phone plan with all unlimeted

other word AT&T does not have smart phone plans if you

want just emergency phone att could be ok if you want smart phone go to somewhere else T-Mobile or even small company like metroPCS ptel they are using   T-Mobile network

for 130 3 lines I would take it but I checked the price with att customer support and it $40 for just plan (I have discount usually 45) 2 smart phones 40 each + one old not smart 20 = 140 and if I will change old phone to smart it will be $160 almost 2 times T-Mobile plus T-Mobile has unlimited DATA att just 1gb and 1gb /3 ~330mb per month

in my area T-Mobile service the same as att and this is reasonable price? My 2 lines has contract but I want to switch to metroPCS or something like this at least 1 line for $35-40 you can get really smart phone plan with all unlimeted

other word AT&T does not have smart phone plans if you

want just emergency phone att could be ok if you want smart phone go to somewhere else T-Mobile or even small company like metroPCS ptel they are using   T-Mobile network

[ Edited ]
5 of 10 (979 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 11:28:44 AM
(0)
att very close to verizon att wants 40-70 for just plan and after that for each phone
att very close to verizon att wants 40-70 for just plan and after that for each phone

6 of 10 (978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 12:35:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The reason that I used the prices that I did for AT&T was that I compared the AT&T Mobile Share Value plan to T-Mobile's Simple Choice plan because those were the numbers that you used from T-Mobile. Both of these plans assume that you will bring your own devices.

If you are going to use the AT&T Mobile Share (not-Value) plan, I'm assuming that you plan to upgrade to subsidized phones.  If you want an apples-to-apples comparison, you have to add approximately $60 to the T-Mobile plan price to pay for three devices.

The reason that I used the prices that I did for AT&T was that I compared the AT&T Mobile Share Value plan to T-Mobile's Simple Choice plan because those were the numbers that you used from T-Mobile. Both of these plans assume that you will bring your own devices.

If you are going to use the AT&T Mobile Share (not-Value) plan, I'm assuming that you plan to upgrade to subsidized phones.  If you want an apples-to-apples comparison, you have to add approximately $60 to the T-Mobile plan price to pay for three devices.

7 of 10 (966 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 4:07:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Evandela wrote:

Yikes. Why do you think I left them 4 years ago? :smileywink:

In my experience, Verizon's coverage is only minimally better than AT&T's in my area. Verizon iPhones consistently have one bar more than my prepaid AT&T one, so that's acceptable. Certainly nothing to pay 2 times more for, in my opinion. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Evandela wrote:

Yikes. Why do you think I left them 4 years ago? :smileywink:

In my experience, Verizon's coverage is only minimally better than AT&T's in my area. Verizon iPhones consistently have one bar more than my prepaid AT&T one, so that's acceptable. Certainly nothing to pay 2 times more for, in my opinion. 

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

8 of 10 (937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 4:13:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
As for the OP, AT&T and Verizon are very comparable to each other. Sprint is more on par with T-Mobile. AT&T and Verizon are known across the country for the best coverage nationwide. Sprint and T-Mobile are good as well, but I wouldn't say "as" good. In a way, you do get what you pay for. Not all the time, but most of the time.

As for the OP, AT&T and Verizon are very comparable to each other. Sprint is more on par with T-Mobile. AT&T and Verizon are known across the country for the best coverage nationwide. Sprint and T-Mobile are good as well, but I wouldn't say "as" good. In a way, you do get what you pay for. Not all the time, but most of the time.

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

9 of 10 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 4:56:59 PM
(0)
Scholar

Verizon's definitely the highest...

Verizon's definitely the highest...

10 of 10 (554 Views)