Why am I not eligible for the at&t NEXT program?

Employee

Why am I not eligible for the at&t NEXT program?

I upgraded my phone earlier this year as I was wanting a new phone. Unfortunately a couple months later, I dropped the phone and it broke. I have insurance, but cannot afford the $199 deductible to replace the phone. A few months after this, the NEXT program comes out, so I'm under the assumption that maybe once I've had this current phone for a year, I can take advantage of this program and get myself a new phone. When I call customer care to inquire about the program, I find out that I am not eligbile for it and that I would have to wait another year and a half before I can upgrade. I'm just curious why I cannot take advantage of this program next year?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 4 (1,024 Views)
Scholar

Re: Why am I not eligible for the at&t NEXT program?

The reason you're not eligible is because you're still under contract for the previous phone your purchased under subsidy before the Next program.

To the eligible you would need to either fulfill you the terms of your contract by waiting the full two years or pay the ETF to end the contract.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 2 of 4 (993 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Paying the ETF to end the contract terminates service with AT&T.  It sounds like lilybug0411 wants to continue service with AT&T, but also wants to take advantage of AT&T Next.  The OP would either have to wait until the two year contract is complete or add a line/swap an upgrade with someone else on the same family plan to take advantage of Next now.

Message 3 of 4 (966 Views)
Employee

21stNow wrote:

Paying the ETF to end the contract terminates service with AT&T.  It sounds like lilybug0411 wants to continue service with AT&T, but also wants to take advantage of AT&T Next.  The OP would either have to wait until the two year contract is complete or add a line/swap an upgrade with someone else on the same family plan to take advantage of Next now.

I definitley do not want to terminate service with at&t. I've been very happy with the service since I've had them. I don't have the money to pay the deductible for an insurance replacement, so I sure as heck do not  have the money to pay an ETF. Thanks for the information. I kind of figured it was that, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks again.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (926 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.