Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 9, 2014
10:19:48 AM
View profile
Why am I charged $0.20 for a 40 second call?

Why am I constantly charged $0.20 for calls under a minute? According to the terms I read, up to one minute is charged 0.10, and anything over, up to two minutes is charged 0.20. 

Why am I constantly charged $0.20 for calls under a minute? According to the terms I read, up to one minute is charged 0.10, and anything over, up to two minutes is charged 0.20. 

Why am I charged $0.20 for a 40 second call?

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 7:46:07 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, jammer5!

Thanks for posting. I just wanted to let you know that we have received your private message and will be responding shortly.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, jammer5!

Thanks for posting. I just wanted to let you know that we have received your private message and will be responding shortly.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Why am I charged $0.20 for a 40 second call?

2 of 3 (437 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 11:29:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The way AT&T counts the time for billing purposes is not from the moment the connection to the other party is established but from the moment the phone connected to the network to start dialing. So if the phone was ringing for 20+ seconds and then you spoke for 40+ seconds AT&T will count it as more than a minute, billing you for two minutes.

The way AT&T counts the time for billing purposes is not from the moment the connection to the other party is established but from the moment the phone connected to the network to start dialing. So if the phone was ringing for 20+ seconds and then you spoke for 40+ seconds AT&T will count it as more than a minute, billing you for two minutes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why am I charged $0.20 for a 40 second call?

3 of 3 (279 Views)