Ask a question

Posted Feb 13, 2014
    10:39:27 AM
    Why am I being charged for going over data?!?!

This has happened on several ocassions...this line has the data TURNED OFF so they cannot go over..and yet ATT says it went over AGAIN..this is like the 3rd time and this time they say its because I had the phone previously and I have unlimited. so when we switched phones itwas already over on data..which is crap.They said they could not do anything about it..this is not right at all...so now my bill is way over

Why am I being charged for going over data?!?!

5 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (5)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 13, 2014 12:18:47 PM
    (0)
    Community Manager

Hello, Heighton720!

Thanks for posting. When you say the data is turned off, do you mean that the phone doesn't have a data plan at the account level or do you mean you have manually turned off the data feature in the phone's settings?

If the latter, can you detail the steps you followed to manually shut off the data? This will give us a better idea of what could have caused this data overage.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Why am I being charged for going over data?!?!

2 of 6 (535 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 13, 2014 1:34:37 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    We called ATT months ago about this exact problem and followed their steps to trning the data off which is as follows-
    He went to cellular- then data- then turn data off- then MMS and Imessage is turned off as well. . THat is what the rep told us to do.

3 of 6 (526 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 13, 2014 1:36:11 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    Not only that...but we got the message that he had went over withn 3 days of him getting the phone which I find impossible...it was my old phone..which was an iphone and I had umlimited..I got a new phone so I gave it to him

4 of 6 (523 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 13, 2014 1:50:39 PM
    (0)
    Community Manager

Is there any chance the the data settings were unintentionally turned back on? We would be happy to look into this for you, so click here to send us a private message with your contact information.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.In the meantime, please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (519 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 9, 2014 4:28:35 PM
    (0)
    Voyager

I'm also have my data going over the limit with it turned off, received a notice last billing cycle that I was 75% of my data used on one phone.  Didn't see how that was possible as we don't go on the internet that much at all, my phone is set up the same way as the wifes and hers is almost used up and I've barley used any.  So we turned off the data on her phone and it still used data, now I'm 4 days into the new billing cycle and it says she has used 50MB already.    How can I stop this !!!!!

6 of 6 (272 Views)