Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 5, 2013
9:08:06 AM
View profile
Who's excited for iOS 7?

Hey, all!

Have you guys heard about the new iOS 7 update that’s coming out soon? I know I can’t be the only one out there excited about it. I saw this article on USA Today, and it looks like this release is going to give us a totally different iPhone experience.

What do you guys think?

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hey, all!

Have you guys heard about the new iOS 7 update that’s coming out soon? I know I can’t be the only one out there excited about it. I saw this article on USA Today, and it looks like this release is going to give us a totally different iPhone experience.

What do you guys think?

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Who's excited for iOS 7?

25 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(25)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 9:54:36 AM
(0)
Expert

ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hey, all!

What do you guys think?

Suspect it is going to break a load of the apps out there, hopefully the authors of the app will have updates available soon

ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hey, all!

What do you guys think?

Suspect it is going to break a load of the apps out there, hopefully the authors of the app will have updates available soon

Re: Who's excited for iOS 7?

2 of 26 (2,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 11:45:01 AM
(0)
Community Manager

New UI effects are my favorite features so far.

Rethink Possible

New UI effects are my favorite features so far.

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 26 (2,253 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 11:53:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Me! I can't wait for Sept 10th! I was very tempted to be one of the iOS 7 guinea pigs testing out betas, but the $99 fee kinda put me off! Smiley Tongue
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Me! I can't wait for Sept 10th! I was very tempted to be one of the iOS 7 guinea pigs testing out betas, but the $99 fee kinda put me off! Smiley Tongue
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 26 (2,250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 12:21:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
I am excited also. Waiting for OS 7! But I am waiting for something else in my locale to arrive, but that's another topic.
I am excited also. Waiting for OS 7! But I am waiting for something else in my locale to arrive, but that's another topic.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 26 (2,236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 5:22:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Evandela wrote:

That was a wise choice.  The program isn't designed to be a $99 buy in to beta test, it is designed to be for developers to have early access so they can try to get their apps ready for the new iOS release, hopefully before the actual release date, or at least soon there after.  From the developers I talk to, even the ones who have paid the money and have legit access to the beta, you don't really want to put this on your only iPhone until Apple has released it anyway.  There is too big of a chances that it will leave you without a wirking iPhone for a couple weeks (or longer) depending upon the circumstances.  Most developers I know who are running it, are running it on devices that are for their testing only, so if it craps out, they aren't left without a working iPhone.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

Evandela wrote:

That was a wise choice.  The program isn't designed to be a $99 buy in to beta test, it is designed to be for developers to have early access so they can try to get their apps ready for the new iOS release, hopefully before the actual release date, or at least soon there after.  From the developers I talk to, even the ones who have paid the money and have legit access to the beta, you don't really want to put this on your only iPhone until Apple has released it anyway.  There is too big of a chances that it will leave you without a wirking iPhone for a couple weeks (or longer) depending upon the circumstances.  Most developers I know who are running it, are running it on devices that are for their testing only, so if it craps out, they aren't left without a working iPhone.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

6 of 26 (2,159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 8:14:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I'm honestly not that excited by it. It's nice to see something new, but I just love the way the current OS is (I'm still on plain 6.0). I'm used to it and know how to do everything quickly and easily, just what I like. I think I'll stick with iOS 6 for a while still and let some of my friends try it out first.

You know what they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I'm honestly not that excited by it. It's nice to see something new, but I just love the way the current OS is (I'm still on plain 6.0). I'm used to it and know how to do everything quickly and easily, just what I like. I think I'll stick with iOS 6 for a while still and let some of my friends try it out first.

You know what they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

7 of 26 (2,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 10:13:27 PM
(0)
Master

I will download it when available and especially like the flip up control screen instead of going to settings and turning things on and off.

I will download it when available and especially like the flip up control screen instead of going to settings and turning things on and off.

8 of 26 (1,975 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 8:25:21 AM
(0)
Mentor
Does anyone know if the call blocking feature in iOS 7 integrates with AT&T or does it simply answer and hang up on blocked numbers?

Either way, I've been waiting for that feature for years.
Does anyone know if the call blocking feature in iOS 7 integrates with AT&T or does it simply answer and hang up on blocked numbers?

9 of 26 (1,943 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 9:50:46 AM
(0)
Expert

oz_1 wrote:

not going to bother with it until every app I use is verifed to work on IOS 7, have already sent notices to our customers that are still on the Apple based vertical market software to not upgrade to the IOS of the devices that run our software.Which given the amount of QA and validation that is required looks like about 30 - 60 days since this all has to be run on devices that have the public release software on them.

oz_1 wrote:

not going to bother with it until every app I use is verifed to work on IOS 7, have already sent notices to our customers that are still on the Apple based vertical market software to not upgrade to the IOS of the devices that run our software.Which given the amount of QA and validation that is required looks like about 30 - 60 days since this all has to be run on devices that have the public release software on them.

10 of 26 (1,924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 10:14:44 AM
(0)
Master

Can not help it went to the Apple web page and looked at the new features and realized I could in fact use half of these right now .

Can not help it went to the Apple web page and looked at the new features and realized I could in fact use half of these right now .

11 of 26 (1,919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 12:33:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by MR_SMiT on Sep 8, 2013 at 12:35:12 PM

Let me rephrase my previous post, I'm excited for iOS 7, but have to get used to how things will work on my iPhone 5, or something. Everybody else, also. But what I really waiting for is AT&T LTE service in my home town, but that is another topic.Smiley Wink

Let me rephrase my previous post, I'm excited for iOS 7, but have to get used to how things will work on my iPhone 5, or something. Everybody else, also. But what I really waiting for is AT&T LTE service in my home town, but that is another topic.Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]
12 of 26 (1,883 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 3:29:48 PM
(0)
Expert

well two of the apps I use are being pro-active, they just uploaded new versions that are IOS 7 validated

well two of the apps I use are being pro-active, they just uploaded new versions that are IOS 7 validated

13 of 26 (1,863 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 8:44:11 PM
(0)
Professor

when is the release date from Apple? i can not wait i hope IOS7 is different from the IOS i have now.

when is the release date from Apple? i can not wait i hope IOS7 is different from the IOS i have now.

hello!!!

14 of 26 (1,808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 10:20:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
IOS 7 is way different from iOS 6 in appearance, and some functions.

Rumor has it might be real eased Sept. 18th, but I'm hoping its sooner than that.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Rumor has it might be real eased Sept. 18th, but I'm hoping its sooner than that.

15 of 26 (1,789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 12:13:30 AM
(0)
Master

You will know with the rest of us after Tueday when they have a Keynote for phones and iOS.

You will know with the rest of us after Tueday when they have a Keynote for phones and iOS.

16 of 26 (1,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 3:20:13 PM
(0)
Scholar

Looks like we'll get the update on Sept. 18th. Hang tight!

Looks like we'll get the update on Sept. 18th. Hang tight!

17 of 26 (1,610 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 7:10:07 PM
(0)
Expert

Evandela wrote:

it will also break some apps, broke one of ours and we have to fix it but we can;t allow our customers to update to IOS 7 until we run a full QA / IQ and functional validation on the app until the official release of the IOS is made, we can;t run it against the pre-release of the update.

At least Kindle already released their IOS 7 compatible version and one of the other apps that I use.

Evandela wrote:

it will also break some apps, broke one of ours and we have to fix it but we can;t allow our customers to update to IOS 7 until we run a full QA / IQ and functional validation on the app until the official release of the IOS is made, we can;t run it against the pre-release of the update.

At least Kindle already released their IOS 7 compatible version and one of the other apps that I use.

18 of 26 (1,568 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 2:48:58 AM
(0)
Expert

Been wanting that!  [fingers crossed!]

Morac wrote:

Been wanting that!  [fingers crossed!]

Morac wrote:

19 of 26 (1,399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 8:44:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Same here, maybe it will stop those people calling me when I'm asleep :/ Kinda sucks when you couldn't block and the phone rang and rang and work was in a few hours lol
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Same here, maybe it will stop those people calling me when I'm asleep :/ Kinda sucks when you couldn't block and the phone rang and rang and work was in a few hours lol

20 of 26 (1,367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 12:24:40 PM
(0)
Master

I bet internet traffic will be at an alltime high with iOS7 being downloaded for the phones and pads.

Wonder if iTunes will get an update before or on the same day to add iRadio?

There is a rumor that the ATV3 will get an iOS upgrade to add features.

I bet internet traffic will be at an alltime high with iOS7 being downloaded for the phones and pads.

21 of 26 (1,339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 12:49:59 PM
(0)
Expert

oz_1 wrote:

not a rumor

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/207701-apple-tv-software-refresh-arrives-with-ios-7-on-september-18th/

oz_1 wrote:

not a rumor

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/207701-apple-tv-software-refresh-arrives-with-ios-7-on-september-18th/

22 of 26 (1,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 10:57:19 PM
(0)
Voyager

I have an iPhone 5 and am questioning downloading the ios7. I herd from a friend it slows down your phone, does anyone know if that is true? I do know the colors changed but I'm not quite familiar with ios7. What are the benefits(changes) and pros and cons. I'd appreciate the advice very much? Hopefully it was only a rumor it slows your phone down.

I have an iPhone 5 and am questioning downloading the ios7. I herd from a friend it slows down your phone, does anyone know if that is true? I do know the colors changed but I'm not quite familiar with ios7. What are the benefits(changes) and pros and cons. I'd appreciate the advice very much? Hopefully it was only a rumor it slows your phone down.

23 of 26 (822 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 11:06:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by MR_SMiT on Nov 11, 2013 at 11:12:27 PM

ryanbrown244 wrote:

It is now iOS 7.0.3  Maybe it's because people getting used to iOS 7 that's why it seems slow. But check out link in previous post before yours and see about more about iOS 7.Smiley Wink

ryanbrown244 wrote:

It is now iOS 7.0.3  Maybe it's because people getting used to iOS 7 that's why it seems slow. But check out link in previous post before yours and see about more about iOS 7.Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]
24 of 26 (819 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 11:17:45 PM
(0)
Voyager
Ok thank you
Ok thank you

25 of 26 (811 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 8:17:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

So far, I have iOS 7.0.3 loaded on my old iPhone 4, my current iPhone 5, my iPad 2, and just this weekend, I bought a new iPad Air (also with iOS 7.0.3).  I can't say that iOS 7 hasn't had an impact on the performance of my older devices, but my iPhone 5 doesn't seem any slower to me now than when it was running iOS 6.1.4.  My iPhone 4 is slower than it was before iOS 7, but it is no where near as bad as what many people are climing on forum posts (on the Apple support forums).  My iPad 2 may seem a little slower with iOS 7 over iOS 6, but it is much like my iPhone 5 where I don't really notice any major changes in performance.

Now that I have added teh new iPad Air to the mix, I an say that I have seem something on all 3 of my older devices that the new iPad Air doesn't do.  When I file an email into a folder, on the iPad Air, it behaves just like it did before, but if I do that on the older 3 devices, the folder list tends to scroll about 3-4 folders each time I move something.  This generally means that if I move 3 or 4 messages in a row to the same folder, by the time I get to that last message, the desination folder had often scrolled off the screen.

I've also noticed that with the new iPad Air, when using the bluetooth keyboard that some pop-up boxes (used for authentication purposes) the bluetooth keyboard is still sending keys to the screen in the background and I have to tuen teh keyboard off and use the on-screen keyboard to enter the username/password information on the pop-up screen.  Just a minor annoyance...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

So far, I have iOS 7.0.3 loaded on my old iPhone 4, my current iPhone 5, my iPad 2, and just this weekend, I bought a new iPad Air (also with iOS 7.0.3).  I can't say that iOS 7 hasn't had an impact on the performance of my older devices, but my iPhone 5 doesn't seem any slower to me now than when it was running iOS 6.1.4.  My iPhone 4 is slower than it was before iOS 7, but it is no where near as bad as what many people are climing on forum posts (on the Apple support forums).  My iPad 2 may seem a little slower with iOS 7 over iOS 6, but it is much like my iPhone 5 where I don't really notice any major changes in performance.

Now that I have added teh new iPad Air to the mix, I an say that I have seem something on all 3 of my older devices that the new iPad Air doesn't do.  When I file an email into a folder, on the iPad Air, it behaves just like it did before, but if I do that on the older 3 devices, the folder list tends to scroll about 3-4 folders each time I move something.  This generally means that if I move 3 or 4 messages in a row to the same folder, by the time I get to that last message, the desination folder had often scrolled off the screen.

I've also noticed that with the new iPad Air, when using the bluetooth keyboard that some pop-up boxes (used for authentication purposes) the bluetooth keyboard is still sending keys to the screen in the background and I have to tuen teh keyboard off and use the on-screen keyboard to enter the username/password information on the pop-up screen.  Just a minor annoyance...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

26 of 26 (776 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments