Who's excited for iOS 7?

Community Manager

Who's excited for iOS 7?

Hey, all!

Have you guys heard about the new iOS 7 update that’s coming out soon? I know I can’t be the only one out there excited about it. I saw this article on USA Today, and it looks like this release is going to give us a totally different iPhone experience.

What do you guys think?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 26 (2,763 Views)
Master

Re: Who's excited for iOS 7?

You will know with the rest of us after Tueday when they have a Keynote for phones and iOS.

Message 16 of 26 (2,205 Views)
Scholar

Looks like we'll get the update on Sept. 18th. Hang tight!

Message 17 of 26 (2,038 Views)
Expert

Evandela wrote:
IOS 7 is way different from iOS 6 in appearance, and some functions.

Rumor has it might be real eased Sept. 18th, but I'm hoping its sooner than that.

it will also break some apps, broke one of ours and we have to fix it but we can;t allow our customers to update to IOS 7 until we run a full QA / IQ and functional validation on the app until the official release of the IOS is made, we can;t run it against the pre-release of the update.

At least Kindle already released their IOS 7 compatible version and one of the other apps that I use.

Message 18 of 26 (1,996 Views)
Expert

Been wanting that!  [fingers crossed!]

Morac wrote:
Does anyone know if the call blocking feature in iOS 7 integrates with AT&T or does it simply answer and hang up on blocked numbers?

Either way, I've been waiting for that feature for years.

Message 19 of 26 (1,827 Views)
ACE - Professor

Same here, maybe it will stop those people calling me when I'm asleep :/ Kinda sucks when you couldn't block and the phone rang and rang and work was in a few hours lol
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 26 (1,795 Views)
Master

I bet internet traffic will be at an alltime high with iOS7 being downloaded for the phones and pads.

Wonder if iTunes will get an update before or on the same day to add iRadio?

There is a rumor that the ATV3 will get an iOS upgrade to add features.

Message 21 of 26 (1,767 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

oz_1 wrote:

I bet internet traffic will be at an alltime high with iOS7 being downloaded for the phones and pads.

Wonder if iTunes will get an update before or on the same day to add iRadio?

There is a rumor that the ATV3 will get an iOS upgrade to add features.

not a rumor

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/207701-apple-tv-software-refresh-arrives-with-ios-7-on-september-18th/

Message 22 of 26 (1,757 Views)
Voyager

I have an iPhone 5 and am questioning downloading the ios7. I herd from a friend it slows down your phone, does anyone know if that is true? I do know the colors changed but I'm not quite familiar with ios7. What are the benefits(changes) and pros and cons. I'd appreciate the advice very much? Hopefully it was only a rumor it slows your phone down.

Message 23 of 26 (1,250 Views)
ACE - Guru

[ Edited ]

ryanbrown244 wrote:

I have an iPhone 5 and am questioning downloading the ios7. I herd from a friend it slows down your phone, does anyone know if that is true? I do know the colors changed but I'm not quite familiar with ios7. What are the benefits(changes) and pros and cons. I'd appreciate the advice very much? Hopefully it was only a rumor it slows your phone down.

It is now iOS 7.0.3  Maybe it's because people getting used to iOS 7 that's why it seems slow. But check out link in previous post before yours and see about more about iOS 7.Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 24 of 26 (1,247 Views)
Voyager

Ok thank you
Message 25 of 26 (1,239 Views)
ACE - Master

So far, I have iOS 7.0.3 loaded on my old iPhone 4, my current iPhone 5, my iPad 2, and just this weekend, I bought a new iPad Air (also with iOS 7.0.3).  I can't say that iOS 7 hasn't had an impact on the performance of my older devices, but my iPhone 5 doesn't seem any slower to me now than when it was running iOS 6.1.4.  My iPhone 4 is slower than it was before iOS 7, but it is no where near as bad as what many people are climing on forum posts (on the Apple support forums).  My iPad 2 may seem a little slower with iOS 7 over iOS 6, but it is much like my iPhone 5 where I don't really notice any major changes in performance.

Now that I have added teh new iPad Air to the mix, I an say that I have seem something on all 3 of my older devices that the new iPad Air doesn't do.  When I file an email into a folder, on the iPad Air, it behaves just like it did before, but if I do that on the older 3 devices, the folder list tends to scroll about 3-4 folders each time I move something.  This generally means that if I move 3 or 4 messages in a row to the same folder, by the time I get to that last message, the desination folder had often scrolled off the screen.

I've also noticed that with the new iPad Air, when using the bluetooth keyboard that some pop-up boxes (used for authentication purposes) the bluetooth keyboard is still sending keys to the screen in the background and I have to tuen teh keyboard off and use the on-screen keyboard to enter the username/password information on the pop-up screen.  Just a minor annoyance...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
Message 26 of 26 (1,204 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.