Who's excited for iOS 7?

Community Manager

Who's excited for iOS 7?

Hey, all!

Have you guys heard about the new iOS 7 update that’s coming out soon? I know I can’t be the only one out there excited about it. I saw this article on USA Today, and it looks like this release is going to give us a totally different iPhone experience.

What do you guys think?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 26 (2,762 Views)
Expert

Re: Who's excited for iOS 7?

ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hey, all!

Have you guys heard about the new iOS 7 update that’s coming out soon? I know I can’t be the only one out there excited about it. I saw this article on USA Today, and it looks like this release is going to give us a totally different iPhone experience.

What do you guys think?

Suspect it is going to break a load of the apps out there, hopefully the authors of the app will have updates available soon

Message 2 of 26 (2,738 Views)
Community Manager

New UI effects are my favorite features so far.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 26 (2,684 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Me! I can't wait for Sept 10th! I was very tempted to be one of the iOS 7 guinea pigs testing out betas, but the $99 fee kinda put me off! Smiley Tongue
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 26 (2,681 Views)
ACE - Guru

I am excited also. Waiting for OS 7! But I am waiting for something else in my locale to arrive, but that's another topic.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 26 (2,667 Views)
ACE - Master

Evandela wrote:
Me! I can't wait for Sept 10th! I was very tempted to be one of the iOS 7 guinea pigs testing out betas, but the $99 fee kinda put me off! Smiley Tongue

That was a wise choice.  The program isn't designed to be a $99 buy in to beta test, it is designed to be for developers to have early access so they can try to get their apps ready for the new iOS release, hopefully before the actual release date, or at least soon there after.  From the developers I talk to, even the ones who have paid the money and have legit access to the beta, you don't really want to put this on your only iPhone until Apple has released it anyway.  There is too big of a chances that it will leave you without a wirking iPhone for a couple weeks (or longer) depending upon the circumstances.  Most developers I know who are running it, are running it on devices that are for their testing only, so if it craps out, they aren't left without a working iPhone.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
Message 6 of 26 (2,590 Views)
Master

I'm honestly not that excited by it. It's nice to see something new, but I just love the way the current OS is (I'm still on plain 6.0). I'm used to it and know how to do everything quickly and easily, just what I like. I think I'll stick with iOS 6 for a while still and let some of my friends try it out first.

You know what they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 7 of 26 (2,434 Views)
Master

I will download it when available and especially like the flip up control screen instead of going to settings and turning things on and off.

Message 8 of 26 (2,406 Views)
Mentor

Does anyone know if the call blocking feature in iOS 7 integrates with AT&T or does it simply answer and hang up on blocked numbers?

Either way, I've been waiting for that feature for years.
Message 9 of 26 (2,374 Views)
Expert

oz_1 wrote:

I will download it when available and especially like the flip up control screen instead of going to settings and turning things on and off.

not going to bother with it until every app I use is verifed to work on IOS 7, have already sent notices to our customers that are still on the Apple based vertical market software to not upgrade to the IOS of the devices that run our software.Which given the amount of QA and validation that is required looks like about 30 - 60 days since this all has to be run on devices that have the public release software on them.

Message 10 of 26 (2,355 Views)
Master

Can not help it went to the Apple web page and looked at the new features and realized I could in fact use half of these right now .

Message 11 of 26 (2,350 Views)
ACE - Guru

[ Edited ]

Let me rephrase my previous post, I'm excited for iOS 7, but have to get used to how things will work on my iPhone 5, or something. Everybody else, also. But what I really waiting for is AT&T LTE service in my home town, but that is another topic.Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 26 (2,314 Views)
Expert

well two of the apps I use are being pro-active, they just uploaded new versions that are IOS 7 validated

Message 13 of 26 (2,294 Views)
Professor

when is the release date from Apple? i can not wait i hope IOS7 is different from the IOS i have now.

Message 14 of 26 (2,239 Views)
ACE - Professor

IOS 7 is way different from iOS 6 in appearance, and some functions.

Rumor has it might be real eased Sept. 18th, but I'm hoping its sooner than that.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 26 (2,220 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.