Who can help me get out of this deadlock?

Contributor

Who can help me get out of this deadlock?

I applied for att's gophone service. And I want to transfer my old number.

I received my sim and new cell phone, the user guide told me :1. Activate your sim. 2. Add money to your account. 3. Contact with customer service to finish your porting in.

Then I found myself was stuck in a deadlock. I am using old carrier's service, att's refill card can't work, and adding through text won't work, and adding through internet won't work. If I want to transfer number, I need to add money to my account. If I want to add money, I need to complete activation first.

So, any instrustion, please?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor

Re: Who can help me get out of this deadlock?

earthman wrote:

I applied for att's gophone service. And I want to transfer my old number.

I received my sim and new cell phone, the user guide told me :1. Activate your sim. 2. Add money to your account. 3. Contact with customer service to finish your porting in.

Then I found myself was stuck in a deadlock. I am using old carrier's service, att's refill card can't work, and adding through text won't work, and adding through internet won't work. If I want to transfer number, I need to add money to my account. If I want to add money, I need to complete activation first.

So, any instrustion, please?

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Scholar

You probably will have to go to an AT&T corporate store in person, although I'm not 100% sure. They would be able to port your number over from the old carrier and apply a payment to your account.

Message 3 of 4
Community Manager

Yes, they can do that at the corporate store, they might need to give you a new SIM card. This may be the quickest solution, or like MicCheck suggested, you can send us a private message and one of our managers will contact you directly to help.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support