Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

Teacher

Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

[ Edited ]

Ok ATT, when is GDR2 going to be released for the Nokia 920 (and all the other phones).

-taylor

Message 1 of 520 (37,726 Views)
Mentor

Re: Where's The GDR2 Update... Any Schedule?

Has anyone heard anything new about the update?
Message 174 of 520 (3,999 Views)
Teacher

Nope, still "waiting for approval" last time I checked. I would really like to hear of this "rigorous" process that ATT puts the phones through before they release an update.
Message 175 of 520 (3,921 Views)
Voyager

The 925 comes out tomorrow. What do you want to bet the update comes right after that?

Or maybe they'll hold it for another week to try to encourage people to buy a new phone.

Wither way it's dumb. Based on my customer service experience, if I buy a 925, it'll be from t mobile.
Message 176 of 520 (3,900 Views)
Scholar

Hopefully something comes out by the end of the month. Nokia's Bandit 1520 is supposed to come out this year, so they can't be behind on their updates...
Message 177 of 520 (3,849 Views)

I think this kind of hold-up is just another way to keep pushing Apple products. It's really funny how any other platform than Apple is always waiting for approval, but my kids iphone have the update the day it's announced. Gee, why isn't Windows Phones getting more market share in the US?

Message 178 of 520 (3,717 Views)

Apple does not go through the carrier for their updates. Those come directly from apple. Why Nokia or Microsoft does not do this I don’t understand.
Message 180 of 520 (3,469 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

How many people do you know that can modify Apple code?  How many do you know that can modify Microsoft code....

There is your answer....ATT has to test their changes....

Message 181 of 520 (3,823 Views)

This is a joke. They don't need to test anything. They are probably just stripping it of things like data sense. AT&T is a joke. Next time I'm buying the global version of the phone. I'd rather pay more up front for the device than have AT&T continuously try to screw me.
Message 182 of 520 (3,818 Views)
Teacher

Yeah, ATT, I want to pay my monthly bill but I am "waiting for approval"
Message 183 of 520 (3,737 Views)

Ummm, I can modify code, but by doing this At&t will find a way to use it against me should I have a problem in the future, just like they did w/ my LG Quantum when I updated it to 7.8 for my daughter. If Microsoft created the update w/ Nokia and the only thing I have At&t for is the service lines and their "proprietary apps" what can I possibly be waiting for At%t to test?
Message 184 of 520 (3,730 Views)
Tutor

I spoke with a rep today and she said that an issue with the update was filed on August 30th. She said she was checking around and asking supers and all and that they didn't have anymore than that. She also said she would email me if she heard something.

take that for what's it's worth and with a grain of salt.
Message 185 of 520 (3,382 Views)
Teacher

This delay is beyond stupid. T-Mobile and Verizon have already released the thing. Is AT&T honestly trying to tell us that the update is more difficult for them to process than these other carriers?

Get it together AT&T. This is ridiculously poor customer service. The LEAST you can do is get out of the way.

GDR3 isn't far away...I might as well start complaining about it not being available too.

Message 186 of 520 (3,126 Views)

DJKeens wrote:
I spoke with a rep today and she said that an issue with the update was filed on August 30th. She said she was checking around and asking supers and all and that they didn't have anymore than that. She also said she would email me if she heard something.

take that for what's it's worth and with a grain of salt.

AT&T has had the update since at least Aug 15. That is when Nokia put up the global status page and that is how long it has been sitting at 'waiting for approval'.  Is the info you get from AT&T the truth?

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-americ...

Message 187 of 520 (3,064 Views)

[ Edited ]

absolutely correct.  my trust in att is broken.  i have a friend on verizon with an 822.  he got the update weeks ago.  no issues.  so i dont believe that hogwash of having issues on august 30.  perhaps it was the htc 8x?  but why should i care.  we'll be lucky to get gdr3 let alone gdr2.

here is a thought: the phone hardware is our property.  we pay for it over time.  the update is not theirs to choose to give or withold.  its like an autodealer refusing to honor a manufacturer recall.  that is bullwinkle and i think a [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. how to do it?

Message 188 of 520 (3,054 Views)
Mentor

Just exactly how are the newer phones working okay with the updates or are they having troubles not being reported? Come on AT&T!
Message 190 of 520 (2,990 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.