Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

Teacher

Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

[ Edited ]

Ok ATT, when is GDR2 going to be released for the Nokia 920 (and all the other phones).

-taylor

Message 1 of 520 (37,672 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Where's The GDR2 Update... Any Schedule?

ravikath24 wrote:

I've seen someone bany about endo of September date, but Nokia had inidicated that this was the latest for update to Amber/GDR2 for all phones. Considering that they are doing a tiered release, the 920 should be among the first phones updated...

Nokia said ALL WP8 devices will be updated on ALL carriers no later than end of september. This includes the 920 on AT&T. But it will probably be sooner. Still, we have a firm latest date.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 127 of 520 (13,540 Views)
Mentor

AT&T,

This is PATHETIC!

I am so dissatisfied with AT&T dragging feet on updating the Lumia 920 firmware. I have a family plan and a corporate account and intend to change both of them as soon as possible.

Ever hear of keeping the customer happy with prompt service? Saying the firmware is still in testing is just plain bull at this point.

A VERY UNHAPPY AT&T CUSTOMER WITH MULTIPLE PHONES!!!!

SOON TO BE A FORMER AT&T CUSTOMER!!!!

Message 128 of 520 (13,423 Views)
Professor

Just something we have to live with  They never did give me the final update for my Win 7  phone now I am wondering about my Win 8 phone

Message 129 of 520 (13,362 Views)

Really, Microsoft should be very upset about this. It harms their image. There really is no excuse for at&t to have not released the update. At a minimum, if at&t's rom were "leaked" we could manually update without changing to say Rogers or something like that. I'm frustrated that at&t is functioning in this way.
Message 130 of 520 (13,359 Views)
ACE - Professor

mark.f.masters wrote:
Really, Microsoft should be very upset about this. It harms their image. There really is no excuse for at&t to have not released the update. At a minimum, if at&t's rom were "leaked" we could manually update without changing to say Rogers or something like that. I'm frustrated that at&t is functioning in this way.

I guess we will see if the "Microsoft Lumia" does any better in a year. Perhaps they will have better luck with the carriers.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 131 of 520 (13,354 Views)
Mentor

I heard they are releasing it late today or tomorrow.
Message 132 of 520 (13,249 Views)
Professor

Who told you that
Message 133 of 520 (13,230 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

I thought I remember reading that the updates wouldn't have ATT involvement and would come directly from Nokia.  Yeah, that wasn't true...

I just got an "extras & info" update and now when you go in that screen and hit the "!" it says that the amber update is here and how to download it.  But still "no updates are available"

Message 134 of 520 (13,227 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Ditto for me on the Extras and Info update...  It would seem like the ground work is being laid for a rollout soon by AT&T, but I would like to know where lnelson15 heard that the rollout would be later today or tomorrow.

I also agree though with the general concensus that AT&T lag behind all the other carriers and I have often thought of jumping ship myself!

Message 135 of 520 (13,176 Views)
Mentor

lnelson15 wrote:
I heard they are releasing it late today or tomorrow.

This is a newly created account (from a Lumia 900, no less), so I see two options:

1. This is a troll stirring up the already high level of unhappiness in this forum. or

2. Someone who knows something but is trying to stay anonymous.

As much as I hope for 2, the first is much more likely.  I've given up on "checking for updates" daily, but maybe if I remember I'll check later today/tomorrow.

Message 136 of 520 (13,156 Views)
Mentor

Sorry that was bad information from an unreliable source.

Message 138 of 520 (12,966 Views)
Tutor

No worried M8, the fact you updated you're earlier post clears you Smiley Happy

Honestly you would think ATT spending billions upgrading/building networks to keep and entice new customers would jump at the chance for an easy A. Come on, the heavy lifting has been done; I can't believe they can't allocate a few techs to check over the update and send it out. Talk about missing the forest for the trees. I agree with some of the posters above in regards to this becoming a habit of ATT. Way I see it you can tell a lot more about a carrier these days by how they treat their current customers vs the hoops they will jump through for new ones.

This especially goes for the apparent non-suppport for DataSense.

Year left on my contract, perhaps you guys (ATT) can change my mind.

Message 139 of 520 (12,952 Views)
Mentor

BINGO!!! I was a product support rep for a major avionics company and know what product/customer support looks like. AT&T is very far off the mark and needs to win NEW customers because CURRENT customers are happy and content and make their sentiments known to "would be" customers!
Message 140 of 520 (12,931 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

I loved the recent plug about MyAT&T.  It was commented on between two employees and then closed.  I couldn't mention that the data usage shown in it is not up to date information.  And if you look at your billing the only true measure of data usage is correct after about 12:30a.  For some reason the system shows most of the data usage around that time in the AM.  So, if you check it at 4p, it is not accurate.

Maybe they are trying to circumvent the issues that may come in the future if they are removing datasense from the update build.

Message 141 of 520 (12,900 Views)
Teacher

Nothing worse than the false glimmer of hope you get when you're phone is checking for the latest update......there is a split second where you're overwhelmed with false hope only to see.

Your phone is up to date. Last checked 2 seconds ago.

I loved you ATT, and you broke my heart.
Message 142 of 520 (12,763 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.