Wireless Forums

Posted Jul 29, 2013
4:11:07 PM
View profile
Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

Ok ATT, when is GDR2 going to be released for the Nokia 920 (and all the other phones).

-taylor

519 replies
(19) Me too
(19) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(519)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 2:00:10 AM
(0)
Professor
Run Facebook beta I have not had a problem with it you can run both side by
side.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/facebook-beta/93da5d29-daf0-4783
-9ed5-a87b33247ec6?appid=93da5d29-daf0-4783-9ed5-a87b33247ec6&signin=true
Run Facebook beta I have not had a problem with it you can run both side by
side.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/facebook-beta/93da5d29-daf0-4783
-9ed5-a87b33247ec6?appid=93da5d29-daf0-4783-9ed5-a87b33247ec6&signin=true

Re: Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

511 of 520 (1,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 12:58:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

foxpaw wrote:

Update went real smooth! Only problem afterwards: Local Scout is gone from App List....and, although Local Scout finds me perfectly, not a single listing comes up anymore in any category....either from the Local Scout Live Tile or from within Bing. Appears Local Scout has died. YP Mobile and HERE City Lens working perfectly....and, I guess, will fill the gap.

=================UPDATE=============

Issue solved! Arcane solution....but it works!

Go to Setting-Applications-Search-click Suggestions box (would you like to get suggestions) to ON.

Scroll down to the Facebook box and tap it to connect . Your all done Local Scout is now working :smileyhappy:

Thanks to God-like pals from Windows Phone Central forums!

Local scout started working by itself for me today, after installing the latest batch of app updates this morning.

foxpaw wrote:

Update went real smooth! Only problem afterwards: Local Scout is gone from App List....and, although Local Scout finds me perfectly, not a single listing comes up anymore in any category....either from the Local Scout Live Tile or from within Bing. Appears Local Scout has died. YP Mobile and HERE City Lens working perfectly....and, I guess, will fill the gap.

=================UPDATE=============

Issue solved! Arcane solution....but it works!

Go to Setting-Applications-Search-click Suggestions box (would you like to get suggestions) to ON.

Scroll down to the Facebook box and tap it to connect . Your all done Local Scout is now working :smileyhappy:

Thanks to God-like pals from Windows Phone Central forums!

Local scout started working by itself for me today, after installing the latest batch of app updates this morning.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

512 of 520 (1,081 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 9:32:42 PM
(0)
Scholar
It seems like Facebook beta is working better than the standard Facebook app. Toast notifications are quicker on the fb beta.
It seems like Facebook beta is working better than the standard Facebook app. Toast notifications are quicker on the fb beta.
Phones Owned (1999-Now): Nokia 5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800XM, Lumia 800, Lumia 900, Lumia 920 (Currently owned)

513 of 520 (1,050 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 11:47:28 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by genxgamer on Oct 15, 2013 at 11:49:45 AM

I think my Lumia 920 is bricked. 

I tried to install Amber last night.

I first had the constant reboot issue. But now I have the endless gears screen. I talked with Nokia rep and they mentioned to either go to an Att Device support center or go through Nokia and return the device for repair. 

I think my Lumia 920 is bricked. 

I tried to install Amber last night.

I first had the constant reboot issue. But now I have the endless gears screen. I talked with Nokia rep and they mentioned to either go to an Att Device support center or go through Nokia and return the device for repair. 

[ Edited ]
514 of 520 (902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 8:30:56 PM
(0)
Scholar
GDR3 has gears and a status bar. I was scared when I did my update, but it actually went through...
GDR3 has gears and a status bar. I was scared when I did my update, but it actually went through...
Phones Owned (1999-Now): Nokia 5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800XM, Lumia 800, Lumia 900, Lumia 920 (Currently owned)

515 of 520 (874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 8:45:45 PM
(0)
Voyager

Well, it's now Tuesday evening in the US and my phone is STILL not detecting an update.  Starting to wonder if I'm going to be the last AT&T Nokia user still standing without GDR2/Amber.  

Well, it's now Tuesday evening in the US and my phone is STILL not detecting an update.  Starting to wonder if I'm going to be the last AT&T Nokia user still standing without GDR2/Amber.  

Re: 920 won't detect update

516 of 520 (871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

517 of 520 (830 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 5:40:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Anyone else notice the random "I'm charging via induction charger" noise is back, when charging on the induction charger? Mine's doing that (again.) It stopped with the previous update, and returned with GDR3.

Anyone else notice the random "I'm charging via induction charger" noise is back, when charging on the induction charger? Mine's doing that (again.) It stopped with the previous update, and returned with GDR3.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

518 of 520 (821 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 6:05:55 PM
(0)
Mentor
I haven't noticed the noise yet....but have reported to Nokia that the Glance screen (on Peek), with Glace Background Beta active, develops a subtle high-frequency flicker when using wireless charging. Only a soft reset gets rid of it....until the next wireless charge....or turning Glance OFF for now.

They pretty much blew me off....but I've still given them lots of data from my own experiments with this syndrome. I hope you've informed Nokia Cares (via Twitter is easiest) about what you've found. May volume of inputs will get them moving on adding fixes for these issues to an upcoming update.
I haven't noticed the noise yet....but have reported to Nokia that the Glance screen (on Peek), with Glace Background Beta active, develops a subtle high-frequency flicker when using wireless charging. Only a soft reset gets rid of it....until the next wireless charge....or turning Glance OFF for now.

They pretty much blew me off....but I've still given them lots of data from my own experiments with this syndrome. I hope you've informed Nokia Cares (via Twitter is easiest) about what you've found. May volume of inputs will get them moving on adding fixes for these issues to an upcoming update.

519 of 520 (820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 5:51:50 PM
(0)
Voyager

Yes, I'm hearing the charging chime as well on my 920 at night when it's on my charging plate.  Also lights up to the lock screen when that happens.

Yes, I'm hearing the charging chime as well on my 920 at night when it's on my charging plate.  Also lights up to the lock screen when that happens.

520 of 520 (773 Views)