Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

Teacher

Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

Ok ATT, when is GDR2 going to be released for the Nokia 920 (and all the other phones).

-taylor

Message 1 of 520
ACE - Professor

Re: Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

BucSox79 wrote:
They will not explain why we don't get Data Sense. If they admitted the real reason, they would look bad. They're dirtbags, plain and simple. All phone companies suck, but ATT is just worse.

Given the 1020 still doesn't have it, looks like AT&T isn't going to stop hiding it. So nope. Camera app is nice. Flip to silence is nice. Glance/tap to wake burn too much battery to use.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 481 of 520
Contributor

The gears are still spinning...pretty sure it bricked Smiley Sad
Message 482 of 520
Teacher

Thank you, ATT! GDR2 & Amber loaded up in about 20 min.

Message 483 of 520
Tutor

I had the same issue with my first and second 920. I'm on my third. Let it run till the battery dies then try to charge it. If it continues, your best bet will be to have att or Nokia replace your phone. All of your data will be lost
Message 484 of 520
Highlighted

All I'm seeing with Glance is the time, and it's so dim that I can barely make it out. I thought you were supposed to see notifications, battery charge, and ring setting as well?  The double tap to wake is nice, though.  You're thinking it uses too much battery?

Message 485 of 520
Mentor

Wow it's actually happening?  So AT&T may not be the last after all.  Sucks about DataSense though.  Not a customer friendly move IMO.

Message 486 of 520

Thank you ATT for FINALLY releasing the GDR2/Amber update.. I got it around 12:15 P.M. CST.   Long over due, but much appreciated.. Thanks for getting this released earlier than what we were expecting according to your response before of it coming out in a few weeks..  Hopefully the GDR3 release will be more timely

Steve

Message 487 of 520
Tutor

Message 488 of 520

It took about 20 mins for me.. but I had to run the "check for updates" twice on mine.  it did the first update, but no glance screen.. then ran update again and it finally worked.. Downloaded Nokia Pro Cam app and then went to settings.. camera app and changed default app.   Obviously don't have data sense since we are on ATT.. go figure..

Thanks

Steve

Message 489 of 520

Yes, definitely download the beta app from Nokia for glance backgrounds.. it allows up to 4 images from photo library.

It sounds likes the next update GDR3 update will show lock screen icons also in glance mode

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/glance-background/7c3378ff-2844-480b-b2e2-783537201b84

Thanks

Steve

Message 490 of 520
Mentor

Cool...thanks
Message 491 of 520
Mentor

Interesting....did a hard reset.   Amber..or should I say Glance is no longer available on my phone. 

When I feel stupid coming on I need to stop talking.  I won't have glance until the Nokia Display app is updated via store....duh....

Message 492 of 520

Sent a tweet to @ATTCustomerCare asking them to confirm that ATT pulled the Datasense app and if so, why. No reply yet. Maybe if more folks would seed them a tweet we might hear something.

Message 493 of 520
ACE - Professor

JohnsonsPlace wrote:

Sent a tweet to @ATTCustomerCare asking them to confirm that ATT pulled the Datasense app and if so, why. No reply yet. Maybe if more folks would seed them a tweet we might hear something.

Yes, they did. It's been assumed they had since it was blocked (it's just hidden, apparenlty) in the new hardware that shipped with Amber/GDR2

As to why... because. Apparently that's why.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 494 of 520
Voyager

920 won't detect update

I keep checking for updates and have hard reset my phone twice, but my phone keeps saying there are no updates.  has anyone else experienced this?  So annoying!  My wifi connection is just fine.

Message 495 of 520
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support