Helpful Links

Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

Teacher

Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

Ok ATT, when is GDR2 going to be released for the Nokia 920 (and all the other phones).

-taylor

Message 1 of 520
Scholar

Re: gdr2 update

Hungry, why wait have a Snickers, its gonna be a while...
Message 225 of 520
Mentor

Mariana, it's been waaaaaay too long for a "through rigorous testing", unless you have only one person on the testing team! I am running out of my patience ...

Message 227 of 520
Mentor

Do like I did and complain to customer service on the phone. Now have a Lumia 1020 with GDR3 for a mere 99 dollars...

Alternately, hold your breath and turn blue waiting for AT&T to take care of you.
Message 228 of 520
Mentor

Why are they working on GDR2? That came ready to go from Microsoft. The Amber update came from the hardware manufacturer Nokia ready to go also. What's to test? Ahhh hah....it most be the patience of the customers.
Message 229 of 520
Tutor

Good point, what is there to test?  Its been tested by the rest of the world already.  Unless ATT is just removing the important features of GDR2.

This is truly disappointing.

Apple released their update last week and it was out the same day.  Microsoft released theirs almost two months ago and its still not available.

The least we could get is some information.  WHEN is it coming would be an excellent start.

Message 230 of 520
Professor

gf1600 wrote:
 WHEN is it coming would be an excellent start.

Sometime in the next 8 days, I would expect.

Message 231 of 520
Tutor

My point is that I would like ATT to SAY it.  I want them to give us a time frame of the release rather then this silence which they are so good at.

Message 233 of 520
Scholar

I will be surprised if we get it in 7 days.  I also have not seen anything official that it will be out by the end of September.

Maybe we will get it by November.

Message 234 of 520

I think we will be lucky to get gdr3 and 8.1.
Message 236 of 520
Professor

gf1600 wrote:

My point is that I would like ATT to SAY it.  I want them to give us a time frame of the release rather then this silence which they are so good at.

They never do that. They'll annouce it when it's available.

Message 239 of 520

McHale72 wrote:

Oh, HI Mariana.  Thanks for the response.  While you are checking on the WP8 update for us, would you mind going back and talking to the same people who promised us the last and final update for our Titans, Titan IIs and Nokia Lumia 900s (Windows Phone 7.8)?  They assured us as we missed all of the updates every other carrier pused that we would get ONE BIG HAPPY UPDATE that included all the necessary updates.  We're still waiting.  

-Mc

Really, you bought phones from AT&T, probably on a two year contract, you had to keep on paying on your contract, the manufacturers developed an update and AT&T could not be bothered to pass it on to the users.

Is that the user experience for  AT&T?

Explain that #2 !

Where is the update for the Titan, Titan II and Lumia 900? In the same basket as ours.

What a partner.

I have a Verizon and Sprint tower I can see from the front porch. nuff said

Message 246 of 520
Voyager

You expect the GDR 2/Amber release in the next 8 days or you know it will be in the next 8 days? While I've been a loyal ATT customer for many years (ATT/Cingular/back to ATT), this waiting game on updates for phones is ridiculous.

I didn't even get the 7.8 update for my previous phone, the Samsung Focus S. I just plowed along and upgraded my phone to WP8 (Nokia 920) and was told then that updates would be relatively quick after I discussed my dismay in not getting the other.

I took it tongue in cheek seeing that it was a store representative that may not have been as astute on the process as they may have liked me to believe, but that was back in June. It's now almost October and nothing from ATT!!!

While Verizon, T-Mobile and a number of European, Asian and Australian telecoms have gotten the update, I sit and wait - in disgust, mind you.

So I'd like to know if what you're stating is a fact and I can expect it in the next three days (since it is 27/9/13) or are you blowing smoke?

Message 265 of 520

So, that is another phone where the update was mada available to AT&T and it was never passed on to the users, SAmsung Focus S. Add it to the list of the Lumia 900, Titan and Titan II.

Message 280 of 520

I've done some checking across several WP websites and even checked on Nokia's Update page, but no word on exactly when. Nokia promised it by the end of September, through both official and unofficial channels according to some blog sites like WP Central. But with AT&T, you never know. All AT&T NL920 owners can hope that it will arrive on time (i.e. Monday). Keep your fingers crossed and in the mean time, sport that Lumia in front of your friends and take some great photographs.
Message 286 of 520

Thank you Mariana. Your post mirrors what I heard from the AT&T Technical Support a couple of days ago. I am patiently waiting on my update. Is there any infromation that you can give on what rigorous testing means exactly? I've been curious as that is the go-to phrase from everyone as of late.
Message 287 of 520
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support