Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

Teacher

Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

[ Edited ]

Ok ATT, when is GDR2 going to be released for the Nokia 920 (and all the other phones).

-taylor

Message 1 of 520 (37,729 Views)
Voyager

Re: Where's GDR2 / GDR3

This is the end of September and still no word from att

Message 290 of 520 (2,454 Views)
Contributor

You won't like this any more than I do, but I have a "friend of a friend" who flat-out states that AT&T will NOT release ANY updates for WP8. I would normally not put much stock in this but it is from a source who told me the same thing about WP7, as well as a few other things that turned out to be true. He also says WP in general is pretty much a joke to AT&T, they will just settle for selling you a new phone.

Message 291 of 520 (2,451 Views)
Professor

BULL
Message 292 of 520 (2,448 Views)

shoe wrote:
BULL

idk, its starting to seem likely to me.  this is why microsoft should never have given sole control of updates to att.  think about the awful next program.  that removes phone ownership. if they can drive us to that....bigger profits. 

Message 294 of 520 (2,442 Views)
ACE - Professor

dcb30 wrote:

You won't like this any more than I do, but I have a "friend of a friend" who flat-out states that AT&T will NOT release ANY updates for WP8.

This is untrue. They already have released one update on the 920, and this one will release - yes, it's now offically late. Yes, they should say something. No, they probably won't.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 301 of 520 (4,805 Views)
Contributor

gdr2 update

When is my Lumia 920 getting this update please.
Message 110 of 520 (14,382 Views)
Professor

Re: gdr2 update

Nobody knows, but we'll more than likely see something pop up by the end of the month.

Message 111 of 520 (14,367 Views)
Teacher

Don't worry about it, move on, AT&T doesn't have us 920 users as a high priority so they aren't only taking their time with the update they're staying silent and not even telling us why Rogers and other carriers have already finished testing their updates for the same phone. We don't matter. We are already in contract. New contracts and new users matter. The whole "premier partner" for Windows Phone thing was obviously a joke.
Message 112 of 520 (14,317 Views)
Tutor

Before GDR4 becomes officially available @verizon/tmobile/. I promise.

There's still little chance that you will get it before GDR3 @verizon/tmobile, but I can't guarantee.

Message 113 of 520 (14,263 Views)
ACE - Professor

fiedel wrote:

Before GDR4 becomes officially available @verizon/tmobile/. I promise.

There's still little chance that you will get it before GDR3 @verizon/tmobile, but I can't guarantee.

Oh come on... GDR3 hasn't even been released by Microsoft yet. Given it took everyone THREE MONTHS from the release of GDR2 to the first update on any carrier, it's highly unlikely GDR3 is going to be released before the end of September - the unoffical rumored release date for AT&T of the 920 update.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 114 of 520 (14,246 Views)
Community Manager

AT&T is working on the latest Windows Phone 8 software update called GDR2 for the Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920 that includes Nokia’s Amber upgrades.  In an effort to provide our customers with the best upgrade experience possible, all software updates go through rigorous testing before they are released.  We will release the update as soon as testing is complete and hope to have more information to share with you on timing in the near future.  We appreciate your patience.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 126 of 520 (13,610 Views)
Mentor

This copy and pasted boilerplate is getting annoying. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." (though perhaps that could be applied to me as well.)

Message 137 of 520 (13,505 Views)
Scholar

ATTMarianaCM wrote:

AT&T is working on the latest Windows Phone 8 software update called GDR2 for the Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920 that includes Nokia’s Amber upgrades.  In an effort to provide our customers with the best upgrade experience possible, all software updates go through rigorous testing before they are released.  We will release the update as soon as testing is complete and hope to have more information to share with you on timing in the near future.  We appreciate your patience.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know!

-Mariana

Oh, HI Mariana.  Thanks for the response.  While you are checking on the WP8 update for us, would you mind going back and talking to the same people who promised us the last and final update for our Titans, Titan IIs and Nokia Lumia 900s (Windows Phone 7.8)?  They assured us as we missed all of the updates every other carrier pused that we would get ONE BIG HAPPY UPDATE that included all the necessary updates.  We're still waiting.  

I'm not holding my breath and if you think anybody on these forums believe anything that AT&T says about supporting our devices, you would be wrong.  WAY wrong.  So wrong in fact you should probably find a manager to escalate this issue to because AT&T is getting beaten up on twitter and facebook as well as their own helpless forums.

-Mc

Message 149 of 520 (13,194 Views)
Teacher

Like removing data sense?
Message 179 of 520 (4,069 Views)
Mentor

Well said, McHale72 !

Message 189 of 520 (4,192 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.