Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

Teacher

Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

[ Edited ]

Ok ATT, when is GDR2 going to be released for the Nokia 920 (and all the other phones).

-taylor

Message 1 of 520 (37,687 Views)
Scholar

Re: Where's The GDR2 Update... Any Schedule?

[ Edited ]

Why does everyone think that all companies only outsource and pay minimum wage for their support? 

And I believe that the support people are not informed when there is an update looming, but if you call in about it a call is logged and the more incidents that are logged then mgmt should look at it.

I work in support for a major company....and trust me...  I don't make minimum wage and are often left out of the loop of things that we should be told about.

Don't assume....

Message 61 of 520 (5,479 Views)
Professor

I just talked to a person at the office of the President at AT&T she advises they have the update and are testing it now

Message 62 of 520 (5,474 Views)
Explorer

what i want to know is when will they be done testing it?

Message 63 of 520 (5,471 Views)
Professor

She said she would call be back with a status update and I am confident she will in the past with win phone 7  they always called back with follow up

Message 64 of 520 (5,447 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Take a look at the other regions and even Canada, you'll see that AT&T isn't the last carrier to release.

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-americ...

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/

If you really want to feel good, look at Latin America!

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-latin-americ...

In other words, don't get your undies in a bunch for a minor update. If this were the 8.1 release and AT&T was last to release it, I'd be sharpening my pitchfork and soaking my torch right now. This isn't the 8.1 release, its a minor update.

Message 65 of 520 (5,404 Views)

I think what Joan Lappin told Elop about AT&T is right. 

Message 66 of 520 (5,265 Views)
ACE - Professor

schinchillaboy wrote:

what i want to know is when will they be done testing it?

You will know when they are done, becuase it will be available then.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 67 of 520 (5,265 Views)
Professor

She just called back the update will go out the end of September

Message 68 of 520 (5,135 Views)
Teacher

Did you tell here that it isn't soon enough?  Tell them to get more testers because this is a bunch of bull squeeze.    Customers can't get email on their phones because it won't be compatible with lotus traveler until GDR2 gets pushed out.  Why are they so behind?  Verizon and everybody else has been able to push it out a lot sooner.

I thought AT&T was the "premeir windows phone" carrier!?

Message 69 of 520 (5,059 Views)
Teacher

I refuse to believe they're that incompetent or care that little about their customers and Windows Phone to release an update a month after Rogers releases theirs for the same phone.
Message 70 of 520 (5,058 Views)
Voyager

The end of september? So they're going to wait over a month after the update comes out?

If every other carrier in the US can get the update out already, why can't AT&T? Why are they so far behind?

Message 71 of 520 (5,049 Views)
Voyager

End of September ... Wow, that's depressing especially since there doesn't seem to be any good reason (or any reason at all) for such a long delay for a relatively minor update. I wish there was at least greater transparency about what's going on since so many of us are longing for more out of the Windows Phone platform.

Message 72 of 520 (4,950 Views)
ACE - Professor

krabago wrote:

End of September ... Wow, that's depressing especially since there doesn't seem to be any good reason (or any reason at all) for such a long delay for a relatively minor update. I wish there was at least greater transparency about what's going on since so many of us are longing for more out of the Windows Phone platform.

There's some nice stuff in GDR2, and even in Amber. And we don't know when it's going to be released from AT&T.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 73 of 520 (4,915 Views)

They are pretty much losing me as a customer over this, especially if its end of September.
Message 74 of 520 (4,902 Views)
Scholar

Just like I was waiting forever for the 7.8 update way back, now this is happening. I see a trend going on here...
Message 75 of 520 (4,828 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.