Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

Teacher

Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

[ Edited ]

Ok ATT, when is GDR2 going to be released for the Nokia 920 (and all the other phones).

-taylor

Message 1 of 520 (37,627 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Where's The GDR2 Update... Any Schedule?

taylorbro wrote:

Ok ATT, when is GDR2 going to be released for the Nokia 920 (and all the other phones).

-taylor

I don't think they every comment on when a release will happen. Assume it will be before the end of summer and you'll probably be safe.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 520 (29,296 Views)

The funny thing is that the Lumia 520($99 no contract) on GoPhone has it already.

Message 3 of 520 (29,238 Views)
ACE - Professor

drjekel_mrhyde wrote:

The funny thing is that the Lumia 520($99 no contract) on GoPhone has it already.

It's a new phone, like the 1020. They both shipped with GDR2 from nokia.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 520 (29,201 Views)
ACE - Professor

According to this http://unleashthephones.com/2013/07/28/video-amber-update-for-nokia-lumia-920-near-final-build/ (NOT an AT&T source) it could still be several weeks before the 920 release.

Message 5 of 520 (29,150 Views)
Mentor

FWIW, Telstra (Austraila) says that they received GDR2 on 7-12, and they are expecting to release it on 8-14.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Device-Updates/Handset-updates-18-July/td-p/172420

That doesn't mean AT&T is going to do anyting then (Telstra and AT&T are different).  But it should give a sense of the timeframe that the cell phone carriers are working under.  Personally, I would be surprised if the 920s don't have the GDR2 update from AT&T by the end of August, as AT&T has actually been reasonably good pushing through updates to the Nokias, especially the flagship ones.

Message 6 of 520 (29,056 Views)
Explorer

When will the GDR2 update be released for the Nokia Lumia 920 and also the Amber update?

Message 7 of 520 (29,049 Views)
ACE - Professor

schinchillaboy wrote:

When will the GDR2 update be released for the Nokia Lumia 920 and also the Amber update?

You'll know as soon as anyone else - there is no info yet.

Message 8 of 520 (28,999 Views)
ACE - Professor

I am NOT suggesting you manually install the update, just reporting status. According to

http://www.wpcentral.com/gdr2-update-nokia-lumia-920-lumia-820-nokia-servers

the GDR2 update for the 920 has arrived at the Nokia update servers. This DOES NOT mean it's released by AT&T yet, but it is a step along the path to that. If it's like prior Nokia/AT&T WP updates, it should show up as a phone update in not too many days from now Smiley Happy

It's coming...

Message 9 of 520 (28,893 Views)
Teacher

Waiting on this so I can install our lotus traveler company email!!

Message 10 of 520 (28,673 Views)
Scholar

I already have Lotus company email on my 920 and it is not using Traveler.  Speak to your Lotus Admin because I was able to Lotus email on mine.  It works great too as I get the emails on the 920 before I get it on the Lotus Notes client on my work laptop....  Go figure!

Message 11 of 520 (28,554 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

This is correct!  I have had numerous "run-ins" with AT&T trying to get an indication of release dates...  In one case, the support tech told me they had no idea when and gave the typical "canned reply" of updates being dictated and controled by the phone vendor and/or Microsoft.  When I replied to that tech saying their responce was neither truthful OR accurate, the ticket got escalated to another rep who infomred me that the update had JUST been released.  I checked my phone and BINGO, there it was.  So if the first tech I spoke to indicated they had no clue, litterally ONE DAY before it went live, then it seems VERY apparent that their responces never have any bearing in reality...  They will always tell you they don't know... RIGHT UP TO the day of release.

Message 12 of 520 (28,270 Views)
Scholar

It appears that they pulled it.  Well, I don't see it.

Message 13 of 520 (28,247 Views)
Mentor

OK...  I just sent AT&T my obligatory support question on the release of GDR2 and as predicted, they indicated that the schedule was not know.  Base on whatb I said ^ABOVE^, it stands to reason that the software has either already been released or will be some time before the end of the year :-)  LOL!

Message 14 of 520 (28,196 Views)
Teacher

Don't hold your breath. It's still waiting for approval and with AT&T being silent I take that as meaning they aren't putting much effort into getting it out any time soon.

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-americ...

Message 15 of 520 (27,548 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.