Ask a question

Posted Mar 22, 2014
    6:44:24 AM
    View profile
    Where can I get a Cheap 5S Screen
    Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 22, 2014 at 7:34:27 AM

Im on a budget the lowest price I found so far was $139 at smartfixnow.com does anyone know a place in Phoenix or Mesa where I can repair it fo less?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Where can I get a Cheap 5S Screen

[ Edited ]
    3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 22, 2014 12:20:58 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

I suggest you check with you rlocal Apple Store.  I believe they do iPhone screen replacements for $149 (I'm not positive on the price).  Even better, if you are honest with the clerks, some stores have been known to provide a free replacement depending upon the situation.

The best part about going to Apple is that it won't void the remainder of your warranty, so if anything else goes wrong with your iPhone during the normal warranty period (which should still be several months at least) your 1 year warranty would still be active.  Is it worth losing that warranty just to save a couple dollars?

Jerry B.
    "GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

Jerry B.
    "GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Where can I get a Cheap 5S Screen

2 of 4 (296 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 22, 2014 12:35:34 PM
    (0)
    Guru

GeekBoy wrote:

I suggest you check with you rlocal Apple Store.  I believe they do iPhone screen replacements for $149 (I'm not positive on the price).  Even better, if you are honest with the clerks, some stores have been known to provide a free replacement depending upon the situation.

The best part about going to Apple is that it won't void the remainder of your warranty, so if anything else goes wrong with your iPhone during the normal warranty period (which should still be several months at least) your 1 year warranty would still be active.  Is it worth losing that warranty just to save a couple dollars?

I don't think they're doing in-store replacements for the iPhone 5S, yet. The iPhone 5C and iPhone 5 are able to be repaired in-store for $149. However, the 4S and 5S need to be mailed to an Apple Repair Facility, which costs $229. 

Another good thing about going to Apple is that you can guarantee they will use high-quality parts. I've noticed that some repair shops order their parts on e-Bay, and e-Bay listings often include terms like "Like OEM, Near OEM, etc." and are often low quality, cheap parts. (While the digitizer may perform more or less adequately enough for your use, the 5S has a fused display. This means the LCD panel has been fused to the digitizer -- the glass panel. You will really notice a bad quality LCD screen.) 

3 of 4 (293 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 22, 2014 6:48:46 PM
    (0)
    Professor

If you're just looking for cheap, $139 is not a bad price.  The parts price for the screen is close to $100.

4 of 4 (250 Views)