When will ATT Next charge me for my iPhone 5s pre-order?

Mentor

When will ATT Next charge me for my iPhone 5s pre-order?

I pre-ordered my iPhone 5s with ATT Next yesterday. I got an order status confirmation stating that my expected delivery date isn't until October 20-30, 2013.

My next billing cycle isn't due until October 15th, 2013. Seeing as how my phone isn't expected to ship until after my upcoming billing cycle, will I still incur charges for a phone that I have not received or will I see the ATT Next charges on the billing cycle after my phone has been received?

Message 1 of 5 (1,018 Views)
Voyager

Re: When will ATT Next charge me for my iPhone 5s pre-order?

Not sure about billing but mine was the same timeframe. I ordered at lunch(12:30) yesterday and I'm getting mine Monday.
Message 2 of 5 (947 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

I would say until the phone is activated, you should still receive your normal bill as you do now. Just my guess though! Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5 (926 Views)
Mentor

One rep told me over the phone that I won't be charged until after I receive the phone while another rep told me that I'm more than likely to be charged on my next billing cycle because my new contract kicks in on the date that I signed for it.

The ATT Rep also added a $10 insurance policy and told me I could cancel after one month, but was required when I signed on for ATT Next. It would be completely greedy to have to pay for a phone with an insurance policy that is redundant to me, when I do not even have the phone in my posession.

I wonder if this is why ATT Next pre-orders are taking almost 20-30 days and regular pre-orders are able to get their orders right away or in-store.

I guess time will only tell. 

Message 4 of 5 (899 Views)
Expert

Sublogic wrote:

One rep told me over the phone that I won't be charged until after I receive the phone while another rep told me that I'm more than likely to be charged on my next billing cycle because my new contract kicks in on the date that I signed for it.

The ATT Rep also added a $10 insurance policy and told me I could cancel after one month, but was required when I signed on for ATT Next. It would be completely greedy to have to pay for a phone with an insurance policy that is redundant to me, when I do not even have the phone in my posession.

I wonder if this is why ATT Next pre-orders are taking almost 20-30 days and regular pre-orders are able to get their orders right away or in-store.

I guess time will only tell. 

sounds like you where dealing with a franchise dealer,

Message 5 of 5 (866 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.