Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted May 27, 2013
7:49:58 PM
When will 4g LTE come to Myrtle Beach SC?

Hello att and members, I live in Little River SC, I wanted to know when is 4g LTE coming to Myrtle Beach SC area? I noticed on AT&T coverage viewer that Garden City Beach SC which is just few mile south of Myrtle Beach and Murrells Inlet are registering 4g LTE, its not a big area so I am just curious if may be its a testing site?

Also I noticed a very large 4g LTE area along highway 701 from Horry County to Gerogetown County, which again is just 3-4 miles from Myrtle Beach SC.

Can anyone please confirm and let me know about Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach and Little River area when they will get 4g LTE.

thanks

Hello att and members, I live in Little River SC, I wanted to know when is 4g LTE coming to Myrtle Beach SC area? I noticed on AT&T coverage viewer that Garden City Beach SC which is just few mile south of Myrtle Beach and Murrells Inlet are registering 4g LTE, its not a big area so I am just curious if may be its a testing site?

Also I noticed a very large 4g LTE area along highway 701 from Horry County to Gerogetown County, which again is just 3-4 miles from Myrtle Beach SC.

Can anyone please confirm and let me know about Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach and Little River area when they will get 4g LTE.

thanks

When will 4g LTE come to Myrtle Beach SC?

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2013 1:51:21 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

jake0121,

Fortunately AT&T is expanding and trying to reach a lot more areas in the future, unfortunately I have no information on specific sites of future availability. The best thing is to keep checking back on the coverage map where you will hopefully see it expand to your area.

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

jake0121,

Fortunately AT&T is expanding and trying to reach a lot more areas in the future, unfortunately I have no information on specific sites of future availability. The best thing is to keep checking back on the coverage map where you will hopefully see it expand to your area.

James

Re: When will 4g LTE come to Myrtle Beach SC?

2 of 17 (3,796 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 7:13:30 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Maggiehound on Jul 23, 2013 at 7:15:10 AM

I have noticed that both Dillion and Florence now have LTE service. Myrtle Beach is larger than both of those markets?When is Myrtle Beach getting the service?  DISAPOINTED!

I have noticed that both Dillion and Florence now have LTE service. Myrtle Beach is larger than both of those markets?When is Myrtle Beach getting the service?  DISAPOINTED!

[ Edited ]
3 of 17 (3,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 1:04:20 PM
(0)
Mentor

How is service in the Myrtle Beach area? I know they don't have 4G LTE.  I had great service outdoors last time I was there (about 3 years ago) but not so great or marginal coverage indoors.  I'm guessing they're in a 1900mhz market and not 850.  Has this changed or is it the same?

Thanks! 

How is service in the Myrtle Beach area? I know they don't have 4G LTE.  I had great service outdoors last time I was there (about 3 years ago) but not so great or marginal coverage indoors.  I'm guessing they're in a 1900mhz market and not 850.  Has this changed or is it the same?

Thanks! 

4 of 17 (3,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 2:18:52 PM
(0)
Tutor
Well. Some areas have improved but since horry county ( where Myrtle beach is located ) is under the wing of horry telephone corp who is leasing the towers from att. Horry telephone corp or htc is slowing the growth of att in horry county. If you look on the coverage map of sc you can see that att is dropping LTE all around sc but horry county where mb is located. There is LTE in the back woods of Mullins sc where there is less than half the population of mb. LTE even is live in Marion sc or just past Conway sc which is only 15 miles away. But the LTE area being outside of horry county. Georgetown sc has LTE as well. Luckily htc's lease is ending soon. I was at best buy in Myrtle beach. They told me that they are getting a att store inside best buy as the beginning of 2014. I wish horry telephone corp never leased att towers here cuz they are slowing the growth of att by far. If they renew the lease. You can forget about LTE in Myrtle beach for at least 2-4 years. For 15 years!!!!!!!!! I had one bar of service in my house with att. Enough is enough. As soon as iPhone 5s comes out in a month in switching to Verizon. They have LTE here and a full bar service at my house. ( checked with my friends iPhone 5 ) so to answer your question yes some areas are improved but data still sucks. There is so many people here that pandora buffers while steaming. I used to get 7mb down which was great but now I be lucky to get 2 mb standing next to a tower.

Sent from my iPhone 5
Well. Some areas have improved but since horry county ( where Myrtle beach is located ) is under the wing of horry telephone corp who is leasing the towers from att. Horry telephone corp or htc is slowing the growth of att in horry county. If you look on the coverage map of sc you can see that att is dropping LTE all around sc but horry county where mb is located. There is LTE in the back woods of Mullins sc where there is less than half the population of mb. LTE even is live in Marion sc or just past Conway sc which is only 15 miles away. But the LTE area being outside of horry county. Georgetown sc has LTE as well. Luckily htc's lease is ending soon. I was at best buy in Myrtle beach. They told me that they are getting a att store inside best buy as the beginning of 2014. I wish horry telephone corp never leased att towers here cuz they are slowing the growth of att by far. If they renew the lease. You can forget about LTE in Myrtle beach for at least 2-4 years. For 15 years!!!!!!!!! I had one bar of service in my house with att. Enough is enough. As soon as iPhone 5s comes out in a month in switching to Verizon. They have LTE here and a full bar service at my house. ( checked with my friends iPhone 5 ) so to answer your question yes some areas are improved but data still sucks. There is so many people here that pandora buffers while steaming. I used to get 7mb down which was great but now I be lucky to get 2 mb standing next to a tower.

Sent from my iPhone 5

5 of 17 (3,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 9:27:55 AM
(0)
Mentor

I noticed that on the coverage map that there is no LTE coverage at all in Horry county.  SC seems really strict with their licenses anyways.  The only LTE I see just barely brushes the edges of Horry Co, if it lapses into it it's not much.  I don't understand why AT&T can't upgrade because of Horry Tel Co.  If they were leasing towers from them I could understand it.  However, if AT&T owns the network and Horry Tel Co. leases off of them, it would be AT&T's decision to upgrade whenever they need to.  Makes me wonder if it's not a licensing deployment and airwave space issue.  

I noticed that on the coverage map that there is no LTE coverage at all in Horry county.  SC seems really strict with their licenses anyways.  The only LTE I see just barely brushes the edges of Horry Co, if it lapses into it it's not much.  I don't understand why AT&T can't upgrade because of Horry Tel Co.  If they were leasing towers from them I could understand it.  However, if AT&T owns the network and Horry Tel Co. leases off of them, it would be AT&T's decision to upgrade whenever they need to.  Makes me wonder if it's not a licensing deployment and airwave space issue.  

6 of 17 (2,943 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 12:16:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
You know I have really no clue what the issue is. I contacted both companies. AT&T just keeps sending me to their news site and tells me to stay tuned and follow the news. Att just released their last 50 LTE deployments for the year. The list in on their news site. Myrtle beach or surrounding areas were not on it. Htc or horry telephone co. Told me they don't have any LTE plans for at least 2-3 years. They told me their network is running at 98%. Lol. Not 100% May be att is waiting for 2014. It will be too late by then because I'm switching to Verizon when new iPhone 5s comes out in less than a month. I waited for LTE with att for so long. I'm done waiting.

Sent from my iPhone 5
You know I have really no clue what the issue is. I contacted both companies. AT&T just keeps sending me to their news site and tells me to stay tuned and follow the news. Att just released their last 50 LTE deployments for the year. The list in on their news site. Myrtle beach or surrounding areas were not on it. Htc or horry telephone co. Told me they don't have any LTE plans for at least 2-3 years. They told me their network is running at 98%. Lol. Not 100% May be att is waiting for 2014. It will be too late by then because I'm switching to Verizon when new iPhone 5s comes out in less than a month. I waited for LTE with att for so long. I'm done waiting.

Sent from my iPhone 5

7 of 17 (2,934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 7:37:04 PM
(0)
Mentor
I don't blame you. Although, I've heard coverage, indoor especially, isn't all that great on any carrier in Horry Co. So, I guess if you can get LTE go for it. Sometimes if you talk to tech support at AT&T they will tell you if it's planned and when.
I don't blame you. Although, I've heard coverage, indoor especially, isn't all that great on any carrier in Horry Co. So, I guess if you can get LTE go for it. Sometimes if you talk to tech support at AT&T they will tell you if it's planned and when.

8 of 17 (2,892 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 4:59:05 PM
(0)
Mentor
Just to let you know I had to talk to tech support last night and while I had them on the phone I asked them about LTE. She said she wasn't for sure what was wrong, but guessing it was legal due to the LTE footprint around Horry Co. She said LTE is not planned this year for Myrtle Beach, unless something changes.
Just to let you know I had to talk to tech support last night and while I had them on the phone I asked them about LTE. She said she wasn't for sure what was wrong, but guessing it was legal due to the LTE footprint around Horry Co. She said LTE is not planned this year for Myrtle Beach, unless something changes.

9 of 17 (2,860 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 5:16:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for that information. Yeah I figured Myrtle beach won't be on that list. At least not for this year. Too bad I like AT&T but I got to go where the future is. If anytime Att gets LTE in Myrtle beach I might be back. But Verizon is where I'm going to in about 2-3 weeks when iPhone 5s drops. But also I wish Att would improve the service. In north Myrtle beach. Little river area. In my house for the past 15 years ever since Cingular I have one bar in my house. No improvement at all. That's why I have to use Att 3G microcell. Which of course limits your download to 2mb and 512 Kbps upload. My friend has Verizon. Came to my house had full bar LTE. We did a speed test. Mine was not even a megabyte on download his. Was 35mb down and 24mb up.

Att had me for a while now but I'm going to Verizon. Just for the reason of LTE and full service at my house.

Btw there is a overspill of Att LTE in garden city murrells inlet. Just south of Myrtle Beach right past horry Georgetown county line. Its on the coast. Looks like a small block and a stripe.

Sent from my iPhone 5
Thanks for that information. Yeah I figured Myrtle beach won't be on that list. At least not for this year. Too bad I like AT&T but I got to go where the future is. If anytime Att gets LTE in Myrtle beach I might be back. But Verizon is where I'm going to in about 2-3 weeks when iPhone 5s drops. But also I wish Att would improve the service. In north Myrtle beach. Little river area. In my house for the past 15 years ever since Cingular I have one bar in my house. No improvement at all. That's why I have to use Att 3G microcell. Which of course limits your download to 2mb and 512 Kbps upload. My friend has Verizon. Came to my house had full bar LTE. We did a speed test. Mine was not even a megabyte on download his. Was 35mb down and 24mb up.

Att had me for a while now but I'm going to Verizon. Just for the reason of LTE and full service at my house.

Btw there is a overspill of Att LTE in garden city murrells inlet. Just south of Myrtle Beach right past horry Georgetown county line. Its on the coast. Looks like a small block and a stripe.

Sent from my iPhone 5

10 of 17 (2,858 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 11:39:19 PM
(0)
Mentor
That's what I would do. Just make sure you can make voice calls with Verizon. They make voice calls over their 2G (possibly 3G) networks. So, just because you have full bars of LTE doesn't mean you will be able to make a call. I would make sure to check that first.
That's what I would do. Just make sure you can make voice calls with Verizon. They make voice calls over their 2G (possibly 3G) networks. So, just because you have full bars of LTE doesn't mean you will be able to make a call. I would make sure to check that first.

11 of 17 (2,840 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 4:21:44 AM
(0)
Tutor
Yes. I looked into that as well. Disabled the LTE checked speed and calls everything is good

Sent from my iPhone 5
Yes. I looked into that as well. Disabled the LTE checked speed and calls everything is good

Sent from my iPhone 5

12 of 17 (2,828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 6:24:47 PM
(0)
Tutor

so now even georgetown sc and murrells inlet sc have LTE murrells inlet is just 5-6 miles south of myrtle beach!!! but over the county line of course...i dont understand what the problem is.. but oh well att. this is most likely the last post i make here, i am switching to verizon on september 20th and guess what i am taking 5 of your customers with me. so thats 6 people switching out of myrtle beach to verizon.. its 2013!!! get your act together!!! europe is far more advanced with wireless coverage than you will ever be att. good night!

so now even georgetown sc and murrells inlet sc have LTE murrells inlet is just 5-6 miles south of myrtle beach!!! but over the county line of course...i dont understand what the problem is.. but oh well att. this is most likely the last post i make here, i am switching to verizon on september 20th and guess what i am taking 5 of your customers with me. so thats 6 people switching out of myrtle beach to verizon.. its 2013!!! get your act together!!! europe is far more advanced with wireless coverage than you will ever be att. good night!

13 of 17 (2,601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 2:30:14 AM
(0)
Mentor
I'm sorry you're not happy. I know they don't have LTE, but I actually had great service pretty much everywhere I went in MB except for not having LTE. Compared to 2010, my phone worked in every building I went into and I stayed in a huge 15 story hotel. Overall, I'm pretty happy with AT&T. You just have to go with what is best for you. Personally, I was treated horribly by Verizon store and customer care over a pack of $30 screen protectors getting returned, and I would never give them my business again after being treated the way I was.
I'm sorry you're not happy. I know they don't have LTE, but I actually had great service pretty much everywhere I went in MB except for not having LTE. Compared to 2010, my phone worked in every building I went into and I stayed in a huge 15 story hotel. Overall, I'm pretty happy with AT&T. You just have to go with what is best for you. Personally, I was treated horribly by Verizon store and customer care over a pack of $30 screen protectors getting returned, and I would never give them my business again after being treated the way I was.

14 of 17 (2,540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 9:31:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have noticed  that each Dillion and Florence currently have LTE service. Myrtle Beach is larger than each of these markets?When is Myrtle Beach obtaining the service?

I have noticed  that each Dillion and Florence currently have LTE service. Myrtle Beach is larger than each of these markets?When is Myrtle Beach obtaining the service?

15 of 17 (1,918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 7:32:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

well, I have called HORRY TELEPHONE CORP and they told me that they dont have any official dates, but they have 4g LTE scheduled in the myrtle beach area " by summers rush" im quoting these words, because thats what one HTC rep told me on the phone, later I called back anther person picked up and told me the same thing basically, I will be really happy to see LTE in myrtle beach area soon.. AT&T is trailing behing, only the last one not to have LTE in MB area. T mobile, sprint and verizon all have LTE here now.

well, I have called HORRY TELEPHONE CORP and they told me that they dont have any official dates, but they have 4g LTE scheduled in the myrtle beach area " by summers rush" im quoting these words, because thats what one HTC rep told me on the phone, later I called back anther person picked up and told me the same thing basically, I will be really happy to see LTE in myrtle beach area soon.. AT&T is trailing behing, only the last one not to have LTE in MB area. T mobile, sprint and verizon all have LTE here now.

16 of 17 (1,134 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 3:54:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

ok i have inside update on 4g LTE in myrtle beach sc. I spoke to one of the engineers/high school friend that work for HORRY TELEPHONE CORP, which is/was controlling the area of horry county of south carolina, HORRY TELEPHONE is a att affiliate. now HTC or HORRY TELEPHONE controlled this area up until December 31, 2013. now att is finally taking over. So when i spoke to the engineer, he told me that the 4g lte will be deployed here in myrtle beach area in time for memorial weekend. As some of you may know during the month of may we have a cluster F here with bikers. first 2 weeks we have harley davidson bikers then sports bikers, so around 3 weeks of madness, which brings thousands of people to the beach. What he told me is this, 

att is installing portable towers which will be LTE along the coast only, most likely from little river area to south myrtle beach. The towers are being installed on top of hotels and water towers. Later this fall att will deploy the current towers and the new towers as LTE all of horry county in south carolina.

that's good news, but i doubt that i will see any LTE in my house, i am currently about 10 min from the coast. or who knows

ok i have inside update on 4g LTE in myrtle beach sc. I spoke to one of the engineers/high school friend that work for HORRY TELEPHONE CORP, which is/was controlling the area of horry county of south carolina, HORRY TELEPHONE is a att affiliate. now HTC or HORRY TELEPHONE controlled this area up until December 31, 2013. now att is finally taking over. So when i spoke to the engineer, he told me that the 4g lte will be deployed here in myrtle beach area in time for memorial weekend. As some of you may know during the month of may we have a cluster F here with bikers. first 2 weeks we have harley davidson bikers then sports bikers, so around 3 weeks of madness, which brings thousands of people to the beach. What he told me is this, 

att is installing portable towers which will be LTE along the coast only, most likely from little river area to south myrtle beach. The towers are being installed on top of hotels and water towers. Later this fall att will deploy the current towers and the new towers as LTE all of horry county in south carolina.

that's good news, but i doubt that i will see any LTE in my house, i am currently about 10 min from the coast. or who knows

17 of 17 (1,064 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments