When is Clearfield, PA getting 3G?

Tutor

When is Clearfield, PA getting 3G?

Does anyone know when Clearfield, PA 16830 is going to get upgraded to 3G?  I have owned an iPhone for years and can not utilize all of it's features on the 'Edge" network.  When I travel I am amazed what my phone does in 4G and even 3G.  I want to upgrade to the iPhone5 but it seems senseless as long as i'm on the 'Edge'.  French Creek, NY, population 906 has 4G and our town has 6000 in town and another 6000 in the surrounding township.  We are only 45 minutes from State College and an hour from Altoona, PA.

Message 1 of 13 (1,828 Views)
Scholar

Re: When is Clearfield, PA getting 3G?

File a "Marks the Spot" report via the AT&T Marks the Spot app. Every time I have trouble, I file a report via that app. Not sure if they actually read it or not, but I made several reports visiting Ohio where it was Edge. Then 2 months later I got a text message saying an area I reported is being upgraded. Now, the Ohio Edge area is 3G. Not HSPA+/4G, but plain 3G. It's better than dealing with EDGE!

Message 2 of 13 (1,809 Views)
Tutor

Well here it is seven months since my last post and no closer to 3G.  I don't understand??? ATT advertises in my area all the time about 4G and we are still on the Edge!!!  I tried using Siri the other day in the car to make a phone call....I'm still waiting for her to connect to the network.  I just found out that Verizon is putting in a new tower down the street from my house.  Looks like ATT may loose a longtime customer unless they can positively tell me when we will be upgraded.  Verizon is and has been 4G in my town.

Message 3 of 13 (1,377 Views)
Tutor

My family lives in DuBois, PA, just a few miles up the highway from Clearfield.  I find it absolutely apalling that this area, which boasts around 20,000 residents, is still on the EDGE network.  Meanwhile, if I go 15 miles down the road towards Brookville, (a much smaller community) they're on 4G!  Even out in the deep woods of Knoxdale, PA, I was getting 4G signal.  This is freaking ridiculous, and whoever at AT&T is in charge of examining market and network expansion should be fired.

A reseller has a retail store in the DuBois Mall.. where you can only receive EDGE network coverage.  How on God's Green Earth are they sitting there seling smartphones that cannot function on the network?

Furthermore, I cannot send any photo messages from my iPhone 5, even using EDGE.  AT&T really needs to come up with some answers, here.  Verizon is OWNING them in this market, as they have already brought lightning-quick LTE to the market.  I had vowed to stay with AT&T to keep my grandfathered unlimited data for iPhone plan, but if i'm home with family for 3 months out of the year and my phone is useless, what's the point?

Ball's in your court, AT&T....

Message 4 of 13 (953 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

PLEASE tell me someone sees something wrong with this picture...

Message 5 of 13 (948 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Anyone from AT&T care to reply?

Message 6 of 13 (946 Views)
Scholar

you won't get a reply, only promises. I've been given two dates by AT&T, and they have come and gone. All they want to do is take our money and tie us into contracts. They flat out dont care.

dlr213 wrote:

Anyone from AT&T care to reply?

Message 7 of 13 (933 Views)
Tutor

So a small miracle, the western part of Clearfield has 4G and i'm told Curwensville, etc....I haven't been to DuBois.  Now ATT are you going to provide the rest of Clearfield and the area to the east with 4G?  Come on ATT and get on the ball!

Message 8 of 13 (790 Views)
Contributor

I am in the exact same boat as you. I HAD to upgrade and was told new towers in Aug. I have not seen 4g in west Clearfield or Hyde yet. I upgraded to Iphone5 and IT SUCKS WITHOUT 3g-4g LTE. I love it in State college. Not sure how a comunity if 10,000+ was just forgotten by ATT. I too stayed with ATT because of grandfathered data package and I simply hate Verizon. I hope ATT gets off thier butts soon!!!

Where where you when you caught 4G??

Message 9 of 13 (727 Views)
Tutor

I can get full 4G at the Clearfield Curwensville Country Club and surrounding area.  Also in Curwensville.  My wife went to DuBois the other day and said there is no 4G there.

Message 10 of 13 (702 Views)
Contributor

Did you have to do anything with your phone? I am by the counrty club almost everyday and my phone does not seem to switch over to 4g. It should happen automatically right? Either way I hope they get the rest of the Clearfild area up to snuff soon! Thanks for the info

Message 11 of 13 (689 Views)
Tutor

Sometimes my phone will pick up the 4G on its own and other times I have to turn it off and turn it back on.  I have the 4S. 

Message 12 of 13 (661 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I cought the 4g yesterday when I hit the high school and had it through curwensville. So ATT told me that they where upgrading "all three towers" around my area. So lets hope this is just the begining. They also told me that I would be getting LTE so we will see.

Message 13 of 13 (649 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.