Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 20, 2013
6:19:49 PM
View profile
When does tethering kick in

Hey I just upgraded my iPhone 4S so I can have tethering, when will the service kick in?

Hey I just upgraded my iPhone 4S so I can have tethering, when will the service kick in?

When does tethering kick in

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2013 6:40:45 PM
(0)
Expert

azpang wrote:

Tethering is only available on the 5GB 50.00 data plan or the mobile share plan, unless you have one of those you cannot tether

azpang wrote:

Tethering is only available on the 5GB 50.00 data plan or the mobile share plan, unless you have one of those you cannot tether

Re: When does tethering kick in

2 of 7 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 5:22:08 AM
(0)
Coach
Rip off!
Rip off!

3 of 7 (702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 5:45:55 AM
(0)
Expert

pito405 wrote:
Rip off!

In exactly what way? The terms are set forth in the fair use policy and terms of service that are given to you in physical or electronic form, you then sign them without reading them. No rip off just not reading

pito405 wrote:
Rip off!

In exactly what way? The terms are set forth in the fair use policy and terms of service that are given to you in physical or electronic form, you then sign them without reading them. No rip off just not reading

4 of 7 (695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 7:25:14 AM
(0)
Community Manager

azpang wrote:

If you upgraded your plan to the one that supports tethering, service kicks in instantly. You'll need to power cycle your phone for it to recognize the change.

Dmtiriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

azpang wrote:

If you upgraded your plan to the one that supports tethering, service kicks in instantly. You'll need to power cycle your phone for it to recognize the change.

Dmtiriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (688 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 2:55:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had unlimited data plan on Blackberry and paid nothing extra for tethering, I did it via usb cable and a software called tether.com. Now I have a Samsung Note 2 and am still on unlimited data plan, does anyone know of a software I can use to tether? I haven't tried the tether feature on the phone yet, figured AT&T would ask me to switch plans.

I had unlimited data plan on Blackberry and paid nothing extra for tethering, I did it via usb cable and a software called tether.com. Now I have a Samsung Note 2 and am still on unlimited data plan, does anyone know of a software I can use to tether? I haven't tried the tether feature on the phone yet, figured AT&T would ask me to switch plans.

6 of 7 (373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 5:43:53 PM
(0)
Expert

baytop28 wrote:

none here, you do know that if they detect your tethering they will remove the unlimited plan and apply a tethering data plan right? Surprised they did not detect on the blackberry, you got lucky

baytop28 wrote:

none here, you do know that if they detect your tethering they will remove the unlimited plan and apply a tethering data plan right? Surprised they did not detect on the blackberry, you got lucky

7 of 7 (369 Views)