Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 12, 2013
11:49:09 AM
What kind of AT&T antennas are these?

Hello everyone... I noticed that AT&T recently aquired a 700mhz license for 710-716 and I think 738-742 in my area. They've done a ton of LTE work in surrounding counties, but I'm still on 4G HSPA +. I also noticed that these (see picture) are on a building in the area. Are these LTE antennas waiting to be activated? I used field test mode to find I was essentially on top of a tower. (-62) cell strength. Thanks for your help! 

Link to picture... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a3/Downtown_Sheboygan_1.jpg

Hello everyone... I noticed that AT&T recently aquired a 700mhz license for 710-716 and I think 738-742 in my area. They've done a ton of LTE work in surrounding counties, but I'm still on 4G HSPA +. I also noticed that these (see picture) are on a building in the area. Are these LTE antennas waiting to be activated? I used field test mode to find I was essentially on top of a tower. (-62) cell strength. Thanks for your help! 

Link to picture... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a3/Downtown_Sheboygan_1.jpg

What kind of AT&T antennas are these?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 9:32:56 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Applegeek97!

Thanks for your post. If you want to know if you're in an LTE are, you can use the link below to see our Network Coverage Viewer. You can select "Data" to view LTE availability.

Network Coverage Viewer

As for determining when a particular tower might be activated, we wouldn't have any information at this time about the towers in your area.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Applegeek97!

Thanks for your post. If you want to know if you're in an LTE are, you can use the link below to see our Network Coverage Viewer. You can select "Data" to view LTE availability.

Network Coverage Viewer

As for determining when a particular tower might be activated, we wouldn't have any information at this time about the towers in your area.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: What kind of AT&T antennas are these?

2 of 2 (483 Views)