Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 21, 2011
2:48:20 PM
View profile
What does "Data(MB) Overage" mean?

I recently got an iPhone 4 and when i went to check mii data usage the message said "Data (MB): 20.9 of 2048. Data (MB) overage: 0.1"

What exactly does this mean??

I recently got an iPhone 4 and when i went to check mii data usage the message said "Data (MB): 20.9 of 2048. Data (MB) overage: 0.1"

What exactly does this mean??

What does "Data(MB) Overage" mean?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 3:51:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Rayosun on Sep 21, 2011 at 3:51:54 PM

Hi there!

I'll be happy to answer this question for you! Smiley Happy

Data overage is the data used once you have exceeded your data plan's limit. For example.you mentioned you have the 2GB data plan, which reflects as 2048MB in megabytes. Once you go over that 2048MB of data, you will be charged $10 for an extra 1GB (1024MB) of data but will count as overage. Smiley Happy

In short, overage is the same as over usage. Smiley Wink

Hope that makes sense! If you have any further questions, lets us know! Smiley Happy

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Hi there!

Data overage is the data used once you have exceeded your data plan's limit. For example.you mentioned you have the 2GB data plan, which reflects as 2048MB in megabytes. Once you go over that 2048MB of data, you will be charged $10 for an extra 1GB (1024MB) of data but will count as overage. Smiley Happy

Hope that makes sense! If you have any further questions, lets us know! Smiley Happy

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What does "Data(MB) Overage" mean?

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (34,856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 5:16:10 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Sep 24, 2011 at 5:17:32 AM

Evandela wrote:

Hi there!

~ Evandela ~

Hi Evandela,

Also, I have a question: so, when a limited account of 2G go over the 1024 mb limit, and is  charged the additional 10$ for another 1GB, is this saying for the biliing cycle only, that they are now in a 3G cycle and they re back within a 'limited' amount of data up to 3Gmax in the same billing cycle?

So they just purchased an additional 1G  which puts them back under the overage r.a.d.a.r , per say (but they paid for that extra 'buffer', right?

Evandela wrote:

Hi there!

~ Evandela ~

Hi Evandela,

Also, I have a question: so, when a limited account of 2G go over the 1024 mb limit, and is  charged the additional 10$ for another 1GB, is this saying for the biliing cycle only, that they are now in a 3G cycle and they re back within a 'limited' amount of data up to 3Gmax in the same billing cycle?

So they just purchased an additional 1G  which puts them back under the overage r.a.d.a.r , per say (but they paid for that extra 'buffer', right?

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (34,800 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 9:58:26 PM
(0)
Contributor
I used exactly 300 of 300mb will I be charged extra?
I used exactly 300 of 300mb will I be charged extra?

4 of 5 (15,671 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 5:58:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Nope! But if you go over the 300, then you will be charged $15 for an additional 300MB of data
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Nope! But if you go over the 300, then you will be charged $15 for an additional 300MB of data
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (15,646 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments