What do I need to do? SIM to microSIM

Scholar

What do I need to do? SIM to microSIM

I have the 10 cent per minute pay-as-you-go plan.

Previously, I had a basic touchscreen phone (not a smartphone).  It used a regular SIM card.

Then I purchased a cheap smartphone and placed this SIM card into it and it worked.

In the near future, I will be purchasing a smartphone that uses a microSIM card (Nexus 4).  

What do I need to do?  Do I go to an AT&T store and purchase a microSIM card for my 10 cent per minute GoPhone plan?  Or do I buy a microSIM card cutter?

Message 1 of 4 (488 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: What do I need to do? SIM to microSIM

vtujfz wrote:

I have the 10 cent per minute pay-as-you-go plan.

Previously, I had a basic touchscreen phone (not a smartphone).  It used a regular SIM card.

Then I purchased a cheap smartphone and placed this SIM card into it and it worked.

In the near future, I will be purchasing a smartphone that uses a microSIM card (Nexus 4).  

What do I need to do?  Do I go to an AT&T store and purchase a microSIM card for my 10 cent per minute GoPhone plan?  Or do I buy a microSIM card cutter?

You could do either. Personally, when I switched from using an Android smartphone with a regular-sized SIM slot to an iPhone 4 with a microSIM, I didn't want to go through the hassle of going to an AT&T store to request a microSIM because it probably would have been a waste of time. iPhones were "not supported" for use on prepaid plans around this time last year. They recently just changed the policy about a month ago, actually.

In this case, I bought a cheap microSIM cutter. It was one of the easiest things to do. It cost around $4 and I only used it for a couple of seconds, but I thought it was well-worth it. My standard-sized SIM was transformed into a microSIM within 10 seconds. I would highly suggest purchasing a microSIM cutter. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4 (450 Views)
Mentor

Go to any local ATT store to get the sim card replaced for free.

Message 3 of 4 (351 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

I've done both- cut and replaced. You have to be careful with cutting, but in the end works fine. Getting a free SIM from a store was even simpler!

Message 4 of 4 (346 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.