What are all those surcharges & fees on my bill?

Tutor

What are all those surcharges & fees on my bill?

I'm curious, we keep paying all these fees. Take a look, here's a screenshot of my bill:
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s99/dc2000_bucket/att_bill_ripoff_zps39657a1b.jpg
but there's no explanation what all that stuff is. And it is $11+ surcharge every month.

Can someone explain what all that stuff is (circled in red)? -- "Administrative fee" -- you're kidding me Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: What are all those surcharges & fees on my bill?

Administrative Fee: a fee imposed by AT&T to cover operational costs (rather than raising the overall rate.) (Not legally required.)

City Utility Users Surcharge: a surcharge imposed by your city for the use of utilities. (Legally required by your city.)

Federsal Universal Service Charge: a charge created in 1996 by the FCC to ensure, preserve, and advance universal service. (It's essentially a tax to ensure that schools, hospitals and libraries have access to the internet/telecom, and advancing technology.) (Legally required by the Federal Government.)

Regulator Cost Recovery Charge: a charge to help cover the cost for providers to comply with Federal, state and local regulatory requirements. 

County 911 Service Fee: a fee imposed by your county that is used to fund the 911 emergency telecommunications services in your area. (Legally required by your county)

City Sales Tax - Telecom: a tax imposed by your city on telecommunications. (Legally required by your city.)

State 911 Service Fee: a fee imposed by your state used to fund 911 emergency telecommunications services in your state. (Legally required by your state.)

WA State Sales Tax - Telecom: a tax imposed by your state on telecommunications. (Legally Required by your State.) 

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support