Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Mar 5, 2014
11:34:50 AM
View profile
What are all those surcharges & fees on my bill?

I'm curious, we keep paying all these fees. Take a look, here's a screenshot of my bill:
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s99/dc2000_bucket/att_bill_ripoff_zps39657a1b.jpg
but there's no explanation what all that stuff is. And it is $11+ surcharge every month.

Can someone explain what all that stuff is (circled in red)? -- "Administrative fee" -- you're kidding me Smiley Happy

I'm curious, we keep paying all these fees. Take a look, here's a screenshot of my bill:
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s99/dc2000_bucket/att_bill_ripoff_zps39657a1b.jpg
but there's no explanation what all that stuff is. And it is $11+ surcharge every month.

Can someone explain what all that stuff is (circled in red)? -- "Administrative fee" -- you're kidding me Smiley Happy

What are all those surcharges & fees on my bill?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 12:01:47 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by julywashere on Mar 5, 2014 at 12:02:55 PM

Administrative Fee: a fee imposed by AT&T to cover operational costs (rather than raising the overall rate.) (Not legally required.)

City Utility Users Surcharge: a surcharge imposed by your city for the use of utilities. (Legally required by your city.)

Federsal Universal Service Charge: a charge created in 1996 by the FCC to ensure, preserve, and advance universal service. (It's essentially a tax to ensure that schools, hospitals and libraries have access to the internet/telecom, and advancing technology.) (Legally required by the Federal Government.)

Regulator Cost Recovery Charge: a charge to help cover the cost for providers to comply with Federal, state and local regulatory requirements. 

County 911 Service Fee: a fee imposed by your county that is used to fund the 911 emergency telecommunications services in your area. (Legally required by your county)

City Sales Tax - Telecom: a tax imposed by your city on telecommunications. (Legally required by your city.)

State 911 Service Fee: a fee imposed by your state used to fund 911 emergency telecommunications services in your state. (Legally required by your state.)

WA State Sales Tax - Telecom: a tax imposed by your state on telecommunications. (Legally Required by your State.) 

Administrative Fee: a fee imposed by AT&T to cover operational costs (rather than raising the overall rate.) (Not legally required.)

City Utility Users Surcharge: a surcharge imposed by your city for the use of utilities. (Legally required by your city.)

Federsal Universal Service Charge: a charge created in 1996 by the FCC to ensure, preserve, and advance universal service. (It's essentially a tax to ensure that schools, hospitals and libraries have access to the internet/telecom, and advancing technology.) (Legally required by the Federal Government.)

Regulator Cost Recovery Charge: a charge to help cover the cost for providers to comply with Federal, state and local regulatory requirements. 

County 911 Service Fee: a fee imposed by your county that is used to fund the 911 emergency telecommunications services in your area. (Legally required by your county)

City Sales Tax - Telecom: a tax imposed by your city on telecommunications. (Legally required by your city.)

State 911 Service Fee: a fee imposed by your state used to fund 911 emergency telecommunications services in your state. (Legally required by your state.)

WA State Sales Tax - Telecom: a tax imposed by your state on telecommunications. (Legally Required by your State.) 

Re: What are all those surcharges & fees on my bill?

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (538 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments