Watch your bill closley!!

Contributor

Watch your bill closley!!

This is the second month that AT&T has charged me from 60-100 dollars too much.  This month they charged 2 data plans to 2 of my phones...not overages mind you ...but 2 datat plans. I

Last month they charged me 100.00 over for the same reasons...plus.. I had changed my data plans last month to be less..but instead 300mg....but instead they charged me for that and for 3g plans.   I thought I had fixed everything, but as I said this month....well see the first paragraph!!!

I've tried changing my plan online and talking with a live person....the live person was a manager...and they still messed up.

So...don't pay you bill willy-nilly withought looking.

I am extrememly dissappointed with AT&T and frustrated!!

Message 1 of 15 (1,233 Views)

Re: Watch your bill closley!!

You are not alone!!! My husband and I have had them for 7 months and no joke have had to call every single month except the first month. We were lied to straight from the beginning! I have gotten cused at by AT&T customer care employees because apparently they thought I was lying except, I had the darn bill right in front of me. And you are completely right about watching your bill like a freaking hawk! The worst part of this company is that unlike everyone else they don't send you a complete itemized bill so they literally get away with murder. I have to even call them again tomorrow to complain about our data. It's absolute nonsense! And I'm sorry you are going through what we are and I hope you can find somebody who has more than an 8th grade education because it seems that that's all these "customers care" & "managers" have. My suggestion to you and I hope this helps the next time you have a problem just keep asking for the next higher up. Dont explain to the c.c. reo, manager, or the person after that. Wait until you get above them and then try to resolve it. Also, last piece of advice. If they say they'll call you back THEY NEVER DO! Hope this helps and food luck ;-)
Message 2 of 15 (1,131 Views)
Employee

Hello windychil12 and Anniemom3.  Thank  you both for your posts.  Although your experiences have not been positive I'd like to share some information that I hope will be helpful to you both.

Please review Your Bill & Payments for online bill pay, billing help, understanding your bill etc.

I also hope that you will reach out via private message to ATTCustomerCare and provde them with your billing concerns, your name, your account number, your email address, contact number and a good time for you to be reached on your contact number.

We have a wonderful team of folks that will review your message and you will hear directly from a manager within 48 hours of receipt of your message.

Thanks again for your posts!  ~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 15 (1,082 Views)

Now you know why they want you to use paperless billing and autopay. This way people won't look closely at their bills.

(And if anyone thinks these are honest mistakes, why is the bill never too LOW?)
Message 4 of 15 (874 Views)
Expert

harryspar wrote:
Now you know why they want you to use paperless billing and autopay. This way people won't look closely at their bills.

(And if anyone thinks these are honest mistakes, why is the bill never too LOW?)

Even with paperless and autopay, anyone that does not check the bills and autopay amounts is not taking personal responsibility for their financial health. 99 percent of my bills are paperless, I know exactly when they will hit the banks and if there is even a 1.00 deviation from the previous amount of bill I check it.

This ranks right up there with not reading binding contracts before you put your signature on them. Personal responsiblity is the key words here.

Message 5 of 15 (865 Views)

It's great that you are so responsible and alacritous.

This has nothing to do with the point of my post which is that MOST people do not download and sit and read through all their  paperless bills, hence AT&T has a vested interest in pushing Paperless and Autopay because MOST people will  not catch billing errors (and cramming).

Message 6 of 15 (849 Views)
ACE - Expert

If they don't catch it, they aren't even looking at their bills. That is today's society. Most don't know how much is in their checkbook.They get a message when it falls below a certain point. Any good money manager will check every bill to make sure that the charges are correct. With wireless, unless you have overages, it should be the same every month. I have had AT&T for over 5 years and the only time my bills changed any, is when I got new phones or added data plans, except 1 time when the price was $10 higher. I knew immediately, checked my bill, found the problem and got it corrected.
It is your personal responsibility to check ALL bills that you receive. If you don't, you can't blame anyone but yourself.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 15 (844 Views)
Highlighted

My point is that ATT ENCOURAGES you NOT to look at your bills.
"Go paperless!", they crow. It's so convenient! "Enroll in Autopay, so we can slurp our bill right from your bank account! You don't have to do anything!" Yay! You won't even notice the bill going up!
Message 8 of 15 (834 Views)
Expert

harryspar wrote:
My point is that ATT ENCOURAGES you NOT to look at your bills.
"Go paperless!", they crow. It's so convenient! "Enroll in Autopay, so we can slurp our bill right from your bank account! You don't have to do anything!" Yay! You won't even notice the bill going up!

hmm, encourges "NOT" to look at your bills, then I guess

Americian Express

Citibank

Ford Motor Credit

Chrysler Credit

GMC Credit

Diners Card

Verizon

Sprint

T-Mobile

Rogers

GlobalStar

Con-Ed

most banks

Direct-Tv

Dish Network

Charter Cable

Capital One

Maste Card

Visa

Discover

and thousands of others "encourage you NOT to pay attention to your bills" since they all offer paperless billing and auto pay.  Again, it boils down to two words personal responsibility to pay attention to your finances, if something goes on for months then you are not takes the fiscal responsiblity. So remove the "ATT" from your disertation and you are partially accurate

Message 9 of 15 (815 Views)

Difference is, all those other companies you list don't take advantage by sneaking things onto your bill by "accident."

Message 10 of 15 (786 Views)
ACE - Expert

Even though you go "paperless", it is still very easy to look at your bill. They send you an email telling you your bill is ready. It is no different than getting the bill in the mail and not opening it. Any credit card company can have extra "charges" if someone gets your credit card number.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 15 (782 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

harryspar wrote:

Difference is, all those other companies you list don't take advantage by sneaking things onto your bill by "accident."

Are you 100 percent sure about that? You have business with ALL those companies and have personal expierence with thier billing methods. Ever tried to reconcile your electric or gas bill? What about the rate increases that utilities companies push through every 2 or 3 months. Seems kind of bias'd if you never expierenced the other comapnies billing practices. Take it you don;t pay utility bills, they are the king and queen of "surcharges" that can;t be explained.

Message 12 of 15 (773 Views)

So how many wrongs make a right?
Message 13 of 15 (718 Views)
Expert

harryspar wrote:
So how many wrongs make a right?

All up to you, but I do know that 3 rights make a left.

Face it - ALL commercial enterprises makes errors, after all they are staffed by humans - and humans make errors. Maybe in the year 2525 when the majoirty of teh human race are cyborgs the error rate will diminish to nothing.

Message 14 of 15 (706 Views)

Indeed.
Message 15 of 15 (690 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.