Warranty claim

Teacher

Warranty claim

I am 99.9% sure that I know the answer. Anyway, my wife's SGS3 has a malfunctioning mUSB port. However, the glass overlay on her screen is cracked. She is ineligible for a warranty claim due to the physical damage, correct?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Warranty claim

Yes, pretty much.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Employee

Hi egloskerry, 

You are correct that the she would be ineligable for a warrany claim. However insurance will cover it. Also if you don't have insurance and have a device support center near you, they may provide an out of warranty replacement. You would have to visit the location for pricing and options.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6
Employee

Apple Repair will replace it for a fee, at least they will for newer iphones.

For basic damage, it's often cheaper than insurance.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Master

loganic wrote:

Apple Repair will replace it for a fee, at least they will for newer iphones.

For basic damage, it's often cheaper than insurance.

Keep in mind that the OP is talking about a Samsung Galaxy S III. In this case, insurance would probably be the best option. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 6

When I shipped L920 back to At&t via USPS it got broke in the process, but guess who was to blame, yeah they blamed me and not their ship partner. They send you a box whith no packing peanuts just a single bubble envelope, and with the screen size, phone size and weight of todays phones a simple envelope won't work being tossed around in a box of that size(trust me I use to work at Fedex)

/Almost forgot the envelope in not the sealable kind.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support