Warranty claim

Teacher

Warranty claim

I am 99.9% sure that I know the answer. Anyway, my wife's SGS3 has a malfunctioning mUSB port. However, the glass overlay on her screen is cracked. She is ineligible for a warranty claim due to the physical damage, correct?

Message 1 of 6 (772 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Warranty claim

Yes, pretty much.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (760 Views)
Employee

Hi egloskerry, 

You are correct that the she would be ineligable for a warrany claim. However insurance will cover it. Also if you don't have insurance and have a device support center near you, they may provide an out of warranty replacement. You would have to visit the location for pricing and options.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (717 Views)
Employee

Apple Repair will replace it for a fee, at least they will for newer iphones.

For basic damage, it's often cheaper than insurance.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (684 Views)
Highlighted
Master

loganic wrote:

Apple Repair will replace it for a fee, at least they will for newer iphones.

For basic damage, it's often cheaper than insurance.

Keep in mind that the OP is talking about a Samsung Galaxy S III. In this case, insurance would probably be the best option. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 6 (631 Views)

When I shipped L920 back to At&t via USPS it got broke in the process, but guess who was to blame, yeah they blamed me and not their ship partner. They send you a box whith no packing peanuts just a single bubble envelope, and with the screen size, phone size and weight of todays phones a simple envelope won't work being tossed around in a box of that size(trust me I use to work at Fedex)

/Almost forgot the envelope in not the sealable kind.

Message 6 of 6 (509 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support