Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 23, 2013
9:03:55 AM
View profile
Wanting to change iPhone for a bigger Android phone (LG Optimus G)

I was looking around in ATT store and really liked the LG Optimus G and wanted to change to that. I guess iPhone is 2 year contract, is there anyway to switch over to Optimus? Or there was a better one that costed $200 with 2 year plan just like the iPhone. the Optimus G costed $100. I wonder how it works if you want to switch phones in the middle of your contract?

Actually, my dad just upgraded from iPhone 3 to iPhone 5c, but I wanted him to switch to a larger phone than iPhone so that I can trade my iPhone 5 with him and finally grab it and read with more ease. He did but then I changed my mind while the guy was changing his iPhone 3 with the Optimus and I said I just wanted to keep my iPhone and dad should get the iPhone 5c because Optimus G might not look prestigious enough for his workplace. But I kind of regret it now and wish I got the Optimus. It's been 2 days. Could we change it do you think?

The two reasons I thought Optimus might not work out was that it had not as good camera and low battery life, but battery life for iPhone 5 sucks too (at least for me) and I think the camera is probably good enough and I could use the older iPhone 4 that I have at home if I Optimus is not good enough, but I think the larger screen would make it a lot more useable for most cases where you have to use the phone.

I was looking around in ATT store and really liked the LG Optimus G and wanted to change to that. I guess iPhone is 2 year contract, is there anyway to switch over to Optimus? Or there was a better one that costed $200 with 2 year plan just like the iPhone. the Optimus G costed $100. I wonder how it works if you want to switch phones in the middle of your contract?

Actually, my dad just upgraded from iPhone 3 to iPhone 5c, but I wanted him to switch to a larger phone than iPhone so that I can trade my iPhone 5 with him and finally grab it and read with more ease. He did but then I changed my mind while the guy was changing his iPhone 3 with the Optimus and I said I just wanted to keep my iPhone and dad should get the iPhone 5c because Optimus G might not look prestigious enough for his workplace. But I kind of regret it now and wish I got the Optimus. It's been 2 days. Could we change it do you think?

The two reasons I thought Optimus might not work out was that it had not as good camera and low battery life, but battery life for iPhone 5 sucks too (at least for me) and I think the camera is probably good enough and I could use the older iPhone 4 that I have at home if I Optimus is not good enough, but I think the larger screen would make it a lot more useable for most cases where you have to use the phone.

Wanting to change iPhone for a bigger Android phone (LG Optimus G)

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 9:13:16 AM
(0)
Expert

chaple wrote:

if you want ot switch phones in the middle of a contract you will either pay full retail for the new phone or if you are eligible for a early upgrade you will pay subsidized price of the new phone + 250.00 penalty + 36.00 activation

As far as the second senario - if your dads phone is less then 14 days old you can use buyers remorse 1 time to switch out the phone.

If you have IOS 7 installed on the 5 then go into settings and turn off all the auto updating features ofr face book, twitter, itunes, icloud - carry and use my Iphone 5s for a good 12 hours during the work day and end up with 75 percent power left at the end of the day, the phone is almost constantly in use for calls or email

chaple wrote:

if you want ot switch phones in the middle of a contract you will either pay full retail for the new phone or if you are eligible for a early upgrade you will pay subsidized price of the new phone + 250.00 penalty + 36.00 activation

As far as the second senario - if your dads phone is less then 14 days old you can use buyers remorse 1 time to switch out the phone.

If you have IOS 7 installed on the 5 then go into settings and turn off all the auto updating features ofr face book, twitter, itunes, icloud - carry and use my Iphone 5s for a good 12 hours during the work day and end up with 75 percent power left at the end of the day, the phone is almost constantly in use for calls or email

Re: Wanting to change iPhone for a bigger Android phone (LG Optimus G)

2 of 7 (866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 9:41:49 AM
(0)
Contributor

Is there no penalty for buyer's remorse 14 days?

3 of 7 (858 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 10:47:05 AM
(0)
Professor

chaple wrote:

He'll have to pay a restocking fee if switching phones. What that fee is for a 5c, I don't know.

chaple wrote:

He'll have to pay a restocking fee if switching phones. What that fee is for a 5c, I don't know.

4 of 7 (845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 2:01:42 PM
(0)
Expert

standard 35.00 restocking fee, all packing, accessories and documentation needs to be with it

standard 35.00 restocking fee, all packing, accessories and documentation needs to be with it

5 of 7 (827 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 6:17:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

If you are living in a different city can you switch it in the new city instead of at the store that you got the phone from?

If you are living in a different city can you switch it in the new city instead of at the store that you got the phone from?

6 of 7 (756 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 7:53:09 PM
(0)
Professor

If he got the phone at an AT&T corporate store, he should be able to make the switch at any other corporate store. Authorized retailers and places like Walmart or BestBuy may have other policies.

If he got the phone at an AT&T corporate store, he should be able to make the switch at any other corporate store. Authorized retailers and places like Walmart or BestBuy may have other policies.

7 of 7 (748 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments