WEA on iphone 4

Highlighted
Tutor

WEA on iphone 4

After ATT pushed 14.2 to my phone, the government alerts section disappeared from my iphone 4. I have not received any weather alerts for my area since. ATT's website does not list the iphone 4 as a compatible device for wea. Obviously it's compatible because I did receive alerts for a couple of days before the change. So what gives?

Kris
Message 1 of 2 (657 Views)
Community Manager

Re: WEA on iphone 4

While I don't have any official information about this issue, my guess is that there might have been some issues cased by the alerts on the iPhone 4, possibly a battery drain issue or service reliability, so they made a decision to remove them. Those are only my guesses. If you're interested specifically in Weather alerts, many weather apps can push an alert notification on your device. Also there are many free services out there that can email or text you alerts, you can find out more about them here: http://www.weather.gov/subscribe

Thank You,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (501 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.