Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 26, 2013
3:55:58 PM
View profile
Voicemail number

Yes I am back again with voicemail issues.  Since my last post I didn't follow up with ATT to finish the set up Visual Voicemail.  It's okay I think I have finally gotten the voicemail password issue resolved by entering my phone number and then changing the password.  I noticed though that in my list of recent calls it doesn't say Voicemail it actually lists out the number the phone calls for voicemail.  Now unfortnately I can't remember if it was doing that before I changed passwords or not.

Now my question is this:  Is this normal since I don't have visual voicemail set up or a weird issue with my phone.  It doesn't effect the usage of the phone its just weird.

On a happier note I am very pleased with my phone and haven't had any major issues with it other than it not sometimes picking up my Microcell.  At least it doesn't restart while listening to music. 

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Yes I am back again with voicemail issues.  Since my last post I didn't follow up with ATT to finish the set up Visual Voicemail.  It's okay I think I have finally gotten the voicemail password issue resolved by entering my phone number and then changing the password.  I noticed though that in my list of recent calls it doesn't say Voicemail it actually lists out the number the phone calls for voicemail.  Now unfortnately I can't remember if it was doing that before I changed passwords or not.

Now my question is this:  Is this normal since I don't have visual voicemail set up or a weird issue with my phone.  It doesn't effect the usage of the phone its just weird.

On a happier note I am very pleased with my phone and haven't had any major issues with it other than it not sometimes picking up my Microcell.  At least it doesn't restart while listening to music. 

Voicemail number

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 6:52:29 PM
(0)
Expert

dragon672 wrote:

with visual voice mail I have never seen a outgoing phone call made, it is just sent to the phone and you pick it up vice the voicemail icon. If you switched from a phone that does not have visual voicemail, call att and have them flip the switches on thier end for it to work

dragon672 wrote:

with visual voice mail I have never seen a outgoing phone call made, it is just sent to the phone and you pick it up vice the voicemail icon. If you switched from a phone that does not have visual voicemail, call att and have them flip the switches on thier end for it to work

Re: Voicemail number

2 of 4 (1,565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 7:28:32 PM
(0)
Scholar

Visual voicemail uses data correct?  It doesn't use the wifi signal; which is what I use the most of. My previous phone was the Motorola Atrix...grrr bad phone.

Visual voicemail uses data correct?  It doesn't use the wifi signal; which is what I use the most of. My previous phone was the Motorola Atrix...grrr bad phone.

3 of 4 (1,558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 7:49:04 PM
(0)
Master
Before visual voicemail magically appeared on my prepaid iPhone 4 about a month ago, I always had to treat voicemail as a phone call instead of a recording that I can pause and play at any time. When the feature popped up, I wasn't sure what happened...then I realized, oh, I guess I have visual voicemail, now... Sweet!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Before visual voicemail magically appeared on my prepaid iPhone 4 about a month ago, I always had to treat voicemail as a phone call instead of a recording that I can pause and play at any time. When the feature popped up, I wasn't sure what happened...then I realized, oh, I guess I have visual voicemail, now... Sweet!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

4 of 4 (1,552 Views)