Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 6, 2010
1:05:15 PM
View profile
Voice mail setup won't work

Hi,

At&t re-set my phone and said all I had to do was turn phone off for all changes to take place.  I did turn my phone off but my voicemail won't re-activate once I turned it back on.  I started from the beginning setting it up again but if someone calls and I don't answer the phone, it gives the message "the person you're trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time, please try back later".  How do I fix this?

Hi,

At&t re-set my phone and said all I had to do was turn phone off for all changes to take place.  I did turn my phone off but my voicemail won't re-activate once I turned it back on.  I started from the beginning setting it up again but if someone calls and I don't answer the phone, it gives the message "the person you're trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time, please try back later".  How do I fix this?

Voice mail setup won't work

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 1:47:03 AM
(0)
Professor

This is something that customer care has to reset for you. Some how, it got messed up between them resetting it and it activating. 800-331-0500. It should only take them a couple of minutes to get you going..

The same thing happened to me a while ago too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

This is something that customer care has to reset for you. Some how, it got messed up between them resetting it and it activating. 800-331-0500. It should only take them a couple of minutes to get you going..

The same thing happened to me a while ago too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Re: Voice mail setup won't work

2 of 4 (9,586 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 5:25:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

Called customer service and spent an hour on the phone with customer service. Still wouldn't work. Then took it to a local AT&T store, and no luck there either, even after they installed a new sim card and wiped my phone clean. Now I've got to take it to a service center.

'

Called customer service and spent an hour on the phone with customer service. Still wouldn't work. Then took it to a local AT&T store, and no luck there either, even after they installed a new sim card and wiped my phone clean. Now I've got to take it to a service center.

'

3 of 4 (5,367 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 5:17:59 AM
(0)
Employee
Try checking your Actual phone, there may be something enabled to block incomming calls or forwarding. I do understand that you're able to get calls and not voicemail, but that still may be a problem in this situation.. Also - I've had the same thing happen to me in the past as well, it honestly took the representative a Minute to get that reset for me. I'm not sure what happened in your case, I'm sorry for that.
Try checking your Actual phone, there may be something enabled to block incomming calls or forwarding. I do understand that you're able to get calls and not voicemail, but that still may be a problem in this situation.. Also - I've had the same thing happen to me in the past as well, it honestly took the representative a Minute to get that reset for me. I'm not sure what happened in your case, I'm sorry for that.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (5,350 Views)