Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 8, 2013
4:04:50 AM
View profile
Visiting the US and gophone

Hello,

I looked around for information about this and I couldn't quite find what I needed to know. I would appreciate your advice.

I'm travelling in to the US next week with a Samsung European unlocked phone (HSDPA / UMTS 900/ 2100 MHz, GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz).

1. I have a ZTE goPhone with SIM card (which has already been used in the past) - I understand I cannot use it on a different device, is that correct?

2. Where can I get a new SIM card? Is it free in the At&t stores?

3. Can I purchase the pre-paid plans / charge the account using an international MasterCard?

Thanks a lot!

Tal.

Hello,

I looked around for information about this and I couldn't quite find what I needed to know. I would appreciate your advice.

I'm travelling in to the US next week with a Samsung European unlocked phone (HSDPA / UMTS 900/ 2100 MHz, GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz).

1. I have a ZTE goPhone with SIM card (which has already been used in the past) - I understand I cannot use it on a different device, is that correct?

2. Where can I get a new SIM card? Is it free in the At&t stores?

3. Can I purchase the pre-paid plans / charge the account using an international MasterCard?

Thanks a lot!

Tal.

Visiting the US and gophone

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2013 8:14:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Hi,

First, your Samsung unlocked phone will only work on 2G(GSM/GPRS) in North America.

1) About your ZTE gophone with Sim card, you can use the card in a different device,but you need to go to AT&T store to get it done.

2) Sometime they are free, sometime they are not, cost from US$ 5 to US$ 25.

3) Not online,but they can do it in the store.

Hi,

First, your Samsung unlocked phone will only work on 2G(GSM/GPRS) in North America.

1) About your ZTE gophone with Sim card, you can use the card in a different device,but you need to go to AT&T store to get it done.

2) Sometime they are free, sometime they are not, cost from US$ 5 to US$ 25.

3) Not online,but they can do it in the store.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Visiting the US and gophone

2 of 6 (370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2013 3:49:47 PM
(0)
Contributor
This Is great thanks for the thorough response.

Do you happen to know if the 2g coverage is any good? Where I live I can get 45kbps which is pretty much useless. ..

Thanks again!
This Is great thanks for the thorough response.

Do you happen to know if the 2g coverage is any good? Where I live I can get 45kbps which is pretty much useless. ..

Thanks again!

3 of 6 (346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2013 4:58:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Which city in US you're going to??

Which city in US you're going to??

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2013 10:27:34 PM
(0)
Contributor
I'm actually going to be moving around a few metropolitan areas boston, ny-s, chicago. So I guess it is too wide a scope to determmine?
I don't need a lot of browsing would just like google and maps to run.
Thanks.
I'm actually going to be moving around a few metropolitan areas boston, ny-s, chicago. So I guess it is too wide a scope to determmine?
I don't need a lot of browsing would just like google and maps to run.
Thanks.

5 of 6 (324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 7:05:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Hi,

I can only tell you in Chicago ,2G,3G and 4G LTE works good with AT&T.

Just been there about 2 months ago.

NY havn't been in for nearly 4 years,Never visit Boston before ,I Cannot tell you.

Maybe some other members in here be able to help you out??

Hi,

I can only tell you in Chicago ,2G,3G and 4G LTE works good with AT&T.

Just been there about 2 months ago.

NY havn't been in for nearly 4 years,Never visit Boston before ,I Cannot tell you.

Maybe some other members in here be able to help you out??

6 of 6 (305 Views)