Helpful Links

Visiting the US and gophone

Contributor

Visiting the US and gophone

Hello,

I looked around for information about this and I couldn't quite find what I needed to know. I would appreciate your advice.

I'm travelling in to the US next week with a Samsung European unlocked phone (HSDPA / UMTS 900/ 2100 MHz, GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz).

1. I have a ZTE goPhone with SIM card (which has already been used in the past) - I understand I cannot use it on a different device, is that correct?

2. Where can I get a new SIM card? Is it free in the At&t stores?

3. Can I purchase the pre-paid plans / charge the account using an international MasterCard?

Thanks a lot!

Tal.

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Visiting the US and gophone

Hi,

First, your Samsung unlocked phone will only work on 2G(GSM/GPRS) in North America.

1) About your ZTE gophone with Sim card, you can use the card in a different device,but you need to go to AT&T store to get it done.

2) Sometime they are free, sometime they are not, cost from US$ 5 to US$ 25.

3) Not online,but they can do it in the store.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

This Is great thanks for the thorough response.

Do you happen to know if the 2g coverage is any good? Where I live I can get 45kbps which is pretty much useless. ..

Thanks again!
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Professor

Which city in US you're going to??

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

I'm actually going to be moving around a few metropolitan areas boston, ny-s, chicago. So I guess it is too wide a scope to determmine?
I don't need a lot of browsing would just like google and maps to run.
Thanks.
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Professor

Hi,

I can only tell you in Chicago ,2G,3G and 4G LTE works good with AT&T.

Just been there about 2 months ago.

NY havn't been in for nearly 4 years,Never visit Boston before ,I Cannot tell you.

Maybe some other members in here be able to help you out??

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support