Used upgrade - Want to cancel purchase.

Tutor

Used upgrade - Want to cancel purchase.

On Thanksgiving, I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 at Best Buy using my upgrade along with it. I ordered it online and its in the shipping confirmation process right now. However, there's another promotion going on right now for another phone that caught my eye. When I try to get it and check my eligibility for an upgrade status an error occurs since I used it on the purchase of the S4. How would I go about it into fixing this situation. Do I need to communicate with Best Buy and atnt customer service and say I want to cancel my order? Is there a way they can lift my upgrade from the S4 and make it so I can buy the other phone with and extended 2 year contract with and upgrade?

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Used upgrade - Want to cancel purchase.

vathasip wrote:

On Thanksgiving, I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 at Best Buy using my upgrade along with it. I ordered it online and its in the shipping confirmation process right now. However, there's another promotion going on right now for another phone that caught my eye. When I try to get it and check my eligibility for an upgrade status an error occurs since I used it on the purchase of the S4. How would I go about it into fixing this situation. Do I need to communicate with Best Buy and atnt customer service and say I want to cancel my order? Is there a way they can lift my upgrade from the S4 and make it so I can buy the other phone with and extended 2 year contract with and upgrade?

you need to go back to Best Buy and see if they will cancel the order, once the cancelation process is finished your upgrade status will be reset. If this is a black friday type deal the chances of getting it fully processed before the sale ends is slight, but it might happen

Message 2 of 4
Employee

Hey vathasip,

Like wingedrider101 said you need to contact Best Buy.

Until Best Buy tells us that they are no longer using your upgrade/discount to help you get the Samsung Galaxy S4, we'll assume that they are.

Their tools may even took 2-3 business potentially for them to reverse it, and send confirmation that they have the phone.

If you want to keep both, you're best bet is to add a line. It'll probably be an extra one that you won't need but you'd get the discount. You'll have an additional 2 year contract. It's the only way to have an additional 2 year contract.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Tutor

Thanks for the responses. Ended up sticking with the keeping the S4.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support