Upgrading using someone else's line for mine?i

Contributor

Upgrading using someone else's line for mine?i

How can I upgrading using my parents eligibility for my phone line, my contract isnt over until december but I need a new phone. How can I do this through a website like amazon without having to add a data plan to their line, and by keeping everyth

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Upgrading using someone else's line for mine?i

If you upgrade on Amazon, it will require a data plan that you can cancel later, BUT, Amazon may charge a fee for the change once you remove the data plan.
I would be best to buy directly from AT&T and have the phones activate at a store.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4

You're best option would be going into a store or ATT.com to have it completed. Going through a third party could cause billing issues after the upgrade is completed

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Employee

Your best bet would be to go to a COR location, and make sure you are a RAU (Retail Authorized User) and you should be able to process the upgrades on those lines, we call this a cross upgrade.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support