Ask a question

Posted Feb 11, 2014
    3:04:02 PM
    View profile
    Upgrading using someone else's line for mine?i

How can I upgrading using my parents eligibility for my phone line, my contract isnt over until december but I need a new phone. How can I do this through a website like amazon without having to add a data plan to their line, and by keeping everyth

Upgrading using someone else's line for mine?i

3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 11, 2014 6:09:38 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    If you upgrade on Amazon, it will require a data plan that you can cancel later, BUT, Amazon may charge a fee for the change once you remove the data plan.
    I would be best to buy directly from AT&T and have the phones activate at a store.
    This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Upgrading using someone else's line for mine?i

2 of 4 (1,851 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 13, 2014 8:22:46 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

You're best option would be going into a store or ATT.com to have it completed. Going through a third party could cause billing issues after the upgrade is completed

3 of 4 (1,529 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 17, 2014 2:42:19 PM
    (0)
    Employee

Your best bet would be to go to a COR location, and make sure you are a RAU (Retail Authorized User) and you should be able to process the upgrades on those lines, we call this a cross upgrade.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (1,438 Views)