Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 17, 2013
5:05:55 AM
View profile
Upgrading to iPhone 5s

I have an iPhone 4 that I need to upgrade to the 5s with the same phone number.  Is this as simple as backing up the 4 with iTunes then restoring the 5s with that backup?

Thank you

I have an iPhone 4 that I need to upgrade to the 5s with the same phone number.  Is this as simple as backing up the 4 with iTunes then restoring the 5s with that backup?

Thank you

Upgrading to iPhone 5s

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 5:25:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Pretty much, yes.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Pretty much, yes.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Upgrading to iPhone 5s

2 of 4 (931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 5:31:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

And that will also transfer the phone number?

And that will also transfer the phone number?

3 of 4 (924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 5:44:08 AM
(0)
Professor

The phone number is programmed into the SIM card, not the phone. The 5s will come with a new SIM card already programmed with your number, as long as you get it from AT&T or Apple.

The phone number is programmed into the SIM card, not the phone. The 5s will come with a new SIM card already programmed with your number, as long as you get it from AT&T or Apple.

4 of 4 (921 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments