Upgraded phone order never received

Voyager

Upgraded phone order never received

I currently carry my son on my wireless account.  Back in November, with my permission, he ordered a upgrade of his phone.  Post office supposedly delivered this a few days later yet my son never received the phone.  I contacted AT&T to file a lost/stolen phone claim in early December.  Since that time I have been continually asked to fax a variety of documents including copies of driver's licenses, orders, credit cards used to pay for the upgrade, etc.  My son even went to the local police department to file a report (at the request of yet another AT&T represenative).  Although he had the tracking information from the post office that said it was delivered to his city and state it did not show to what address it was delivered.  The police department said that wasn't adequate and since they couldn't prove the phone was delivered they can't file a police report.  I have that information in writing from the PD but apparently that isn't enough for AT&T.  Both my son and I have also filed claims with the Post Office.  AT&T still has done nothing.  Their response is that the team/upper management is reviewing the information yet I am never allowed to speak with anyone on the team or upper management.

Whenever these folks call me they call my cell phone which is on silent during my workday so I don't catch their calls even though I had advised them both in writing and verbally which phone numbers to use to contact me and during which times those numbers are valid.  Apparently these people are either ignorant or simply don't care.  Each time the generic represenative leaves a garbled message yet no call back number.  They will not give me any direct number to call or any email to use so invariably I spend close to a hour a day on the phone attempting to reach someone with some degree of knowledge about this.

I am also contemplating cancelling my contract with AT&T since they have been anything but helpful in the past 4 months.  Unfortuantely I just upgraded my phone as well so the early termination fees are close to $600.  Honestly I am so close to simply paying those and cancelling my contracts and never using AT&T again.

I have been a customer of AT&T for over a decade and simply cannot believe the barriers I have faced trying to get my kid a replacement phone.  They see the phone has never been activated and there's been no activity on it yet I've paid for the upgrade and continue to pay a monthly fee.  I don't know why AT&T is making this so difficult.  

Any suggestions on how to resolve this relatively simple issue?  My phoneless son would appreciate it.

Message 1 of 2 (509 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Upgraded phone order never received

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

AT&T customer care can also be found online through these channels.

P. S - ignore the Kudo, that was a misclick.

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (476 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.