Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 5, 2013
7:43:33 AM
View profile
Upgrade question on iPhone

Recently my iPhone 4 was stolen, and luckily I was due for an upgrade. I chose to get the same phone, however now that I'm slowly filtering music, apps, etc. onto this new phone, I realized that it is only 8 GB. My old phone was at least 16 GB. Now I cannot fit everything onto this phone.

My question is, when you upgrade your iPhone, is it going to be the least amount of memory? Because that is not an upgrade. I'm not sure the exact amount of memory of my old phone, but I assume that AT&T can find that out. I just know it was at least 16 GB, and I'd like to get at least the same level of phone, instead of a worse one. 

Recently my iPhone 4 was stolen, and luckily I was due for an upgrade. I chose to get the same phone, however now that I'm slowly filtering music, apps, etc. onto this new phone, I realized that it is only 8 GB. My old phone was at least 16 GB. Now I cannot fit everything onto this phone.

My question is, when you upgrade your iPhone, is it going to be the least amount of memory? Because that is not an upgrade. I'm not sure the exact amount of memory of my old phone, but I assume that AT&T can find that out. I just know it was at least 16 GB, and I'd like to get at least the same level of phone, instead of a worse one. 

Upgrade question on iPhone

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 7:59:28 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Unfortunately, the 8GB model is the only version of the iphone 4 AT&T has. When Apple came out with the iphone 4s, they quit making iphone 4 models with 16 or 32GB and AT&T's inventory of 16/32GB iphone 4's was sold out years ago.

Unfortunately, the 8GB model is the only version of the iphone 4 AT&T has. When Apple came out with the iphone 4s, they quit making iphone 4 models with 16 or 32GB and AT&T's inventory of 16/32GB iphone 4's was sold out years ago.

Re: Upgrade question on iPhone

2 of 6 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 8:04:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

Well I really wish the employee had told me that. I mean I would've spent more if I knew. I guess it's my fault for not making sure I knew everything, but I assumed it would be a phone of the same level. Do you think there is anyway that they would let me return this phone and purchase the 4S for $99? Or since I've been using this one for about a month, it's too late? 

Well I really wish the employee had told me that. I mean I would've spent more if I knew. I guess it's my fault for not making sure I knew everything, but I assumed it would be a phone of the same level. Do you think there is anyway that they would let me return this phone and purchase the 4S for $99? Or since I've been using this one for about a month, it's too late? 

3 of 6 (933 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 8:14:56 AM
(0)
Expert

dylanstephen wrote:

you only have a 14 day buyers remorse window so it is to late

dylanstephen wrote:

you only have a 14 day buyers remorse window so it is to late

4 of 6 (927 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 7:36:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

dylanstephen wrote:

I actually Seen these phones on Ebay for around 200 dollars and i seen a iphone 4s 32 GB for around 300 so after all said is done you could get an iphone 4s for around 100 + or so

dylanstephen wrote:

I actually Seen these phones on Ebay for around 200 dollars and i seen a iphone 4s 32 GB for around 300 so after all said is done you could get an iphone 4s for around 100 + or so

5 of 6 (378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 4:28:18 AM
(0)
Expert

Closingracer wrote:

dylanstephen wrote:

a caution also - buying from unverified sources can get you burned - as inthe recent news store of the person who purchased to "Apple" iphones from ebay and recieved a box with two washington red apples in it.

Closingracer wrote:

dylanstephen wrote:

a caution also - buying from unverified sources can get you burned - as inthe recent news store of the person who purchased to "Apple" iphones from ebay and recieved a box with two washington red apples in it.

6 of 6 (360 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments