Ask a question

Posted Feb 17, 2014
    8:34:51 AM
    Upgrade pushed back?
    My option to upgrade has been pushed back months, because I lowered my minutes? Well, I will not be renewing my contract again. I've been a member for over 10yrs,and pay $250+ a month and have always paid on time. The end result is, I will have more options and AT&amp;T will lose a good customer. You get enough money from me, and to take away ANOTHER feature is too much for me.<br><br>Soon to be gone.....

Upgrade pushed back?

5 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (5)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 17, 2014 10:11:11 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

I don't think that your upgrade date should have been pushed back to beyond your contract end date. 

AT&T changed the upgrade policy to upgrade dates being the day after the end of the contract for contracts that started after March 1, 2012 sometime last year.

If your upgrade date is beyond the end of your contract, I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare , which is a part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

AT&T customer care can also be found online through these channels.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Upgrade pushed back?

2 of 6 (590 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 17, 2014 5:29:32 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    I see what has happened...att changed their policy from 20month upgrade to 24 months. So, No need to private message anyone. I've been with att for 10yrs and have had feature after feature taken away. This just tells me it's time to move on and shop for a better carrier. Thanks for the reply though.

3 of 6 (566 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 17, 2014 5:33:27 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Good luck wherever you go. Most providers have changed to 24 month for upgrade pricing or you have to pay full price.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (564 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 17, 2014 5:39:15 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Thanks.... I'm considering just going with Nexus.... At $350 and no contracts. I see T-Mobile offers better plans, so I will probably have them buy my contract. There is one down the street, so I can go visit and make sure signal strength is good.

5 of 6 (561 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 18, 2014 4:48:04 PM
    (0)
    Expert

Heynow777 wrote:
    Thanks.... I'm considering just going with Nexus.... At $350 and no contracts. I see T-Mobile offers better plans, so I will probably have them buy my contract. There is one down the street, so I can go visit and make sure signal strength is good.

Might want to verify signal strength every place you go, it may be great there but non-existant a couple miles from your home

6 of 6 (503 Views)