Upgrade on granfathered unlimted plan

Highlighted
Contributor

Upgrade on granfathered unlimted plan

I want to upgrade to an iPhone 5s using AT&T Next, but when I get to the part where I choose the data plans, there are only three options: DataPro 5GB, DataPlus 300MB, and DataPro 3GB. I am grandfathered into the unlimited plan, I was wanting to know what I have to do to be able to keep my unlimted plan when upgrading. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (637 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Upgrade on granfathered unlimted plan

frankaye wrote:

I want to upgrade to an iPhone 5s using AT&T Next, but when I get to the part where I choose the data plans, there are only three options: DataPro 5GB, DataPlus 300MB, and DataPro 3GB. I am grandfathered into the unlimited plan, I was wanting to know what I have to do to be able to keep my unlimted plan when upgrading. 

Thanks

You have to upgrade in a corporate AT&T store, assuming AT&T deems AT&T Next compatible with the grandfathered unlimited data.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (624 Views)
Teacher

Re: Upgrade on granfathered unlimted plan

I was seeing this same option. Just select a plan and once you click continue/next or whatever it is. It will tell you that your current plan is better, it will then ask if you want to keep your original plan. Keep an eye out as the verbage is tricky. I felt like they were trying to trick me into selecting the "wrong" option during this seems typical now-a-days. 

Message 3 of 3 (387 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.