Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 28, 2013
9:32:02 AM
Upgrade from 4s to 5s
Edited by brainwaver on Oct 28, 2013 at 9:32:54 AM

My new 5s should arrive shortly from Apple and I want to make sure it works flawlessly when I activate it. I've searched but can't seem to find the answer.  I'm currently on a family plan with the older $25/2GB data plan on each iPhone. Right now we are only upgrading one line. When I activate the new phone will my data plan automatically get moved to LTE or do I need to call AT&T? Will I be allowed to keep the older plan or will I need to move to a shared plan?  

Thanks a bunch!

My new 5s should arrive shortly from Apple and I want to make sure it works flawlessly when I activate it. I've searched but can't seem to find the answer.  I'm currently on a family plan with the older $25/2GB data plan on each iPhone. Right now we are only upgrading one line. When I activate the new phone will my data plan automatically get moved to LTE or do I need to call AT&T? Will I be allowed to keep the older plan or will I need to move to a shared plan?  

Thanks a bunch!

Upgrade from 4s to 5s

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 11:24:49 AM
(0)
Former Employee

brainwaver wrote:

Thanks a bunch!

Yes, you can keep the $25/2GB plan and it should automatically be changed to the LTE equivilent.

brainwaver wrote:

Thanks a bunch!

Yes, you can keep the $25/2GB plan and it should automatically be changed to the LTE equivilent.

Re: Upgrade from 4s to 5s

2 of 6 (883 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 12:44:38 PM
(0)
Guru
Awesome! Thanks sandblaster! I knew it did automatically when I went from a 4 to a 4s but wasn't sure about moving to LTE. 

Awesome! Thanks sandblaster! I knew it did automatically when I went from a 4 to a 4s but wasn't sure about moving to LTE. 

3 of 6 (869 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 8:34:58 PM
(0)
Scholar
I think maybe your going to need abit more data then 2gb I'm afraid 4g is pretty hungrier
Then 3G lol
I think maybe your going to need abit more data then 2gb I'm afraid 4g is pretty hungrier
Then 3G lol

4 of 6 (818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 7:24:42 AM
(0)
Guru

Thanks for the heads up Kerry. I have heard that through the grapevine.  Smiley Wink

I normally don't use more than 500mb (I'm not a heavy data user) but I'll keep an eye on my usage and if it starts to increase significantly then I'll just move us to a shared plan.

Thanks again!

Kerry78 wrote:
Then 3G lol

Thanks for the heads up Kerry. I have heard that through the grapevine.  Smiley Wink

I normally don't use more than 500mb (I'm not a heavy data user) but I'll keep an eye on my usage and if it starts to increase significantly then I'll just move us to a shared plan.

Thanks again!

Kerry78 wrote:
Then 3G lol

5 of 6 (783 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 3:22:08 PM
(0)
Scholar
Or just use WiFi lol Smiley Very Happy
Or just use WiFi lol Smiley Very Happy