Upgrade from 4s to 5s

Upgrade from 4s to 5s

[ Edited ]

My new 5s should arrive shortly from Apple and I want to make sure it works flawlessly when I activate it. I've searched but can't seem to find the answer.  I'm currently on a family plan with the older $25/2GB data plan on each iPhone. Right now we are only upgrading one line. When I activate the new phone will my data plan automatically get moved to LTE or do I need to call AT&T? Will I be allowed to keep the older plan or will I need to move to a shared plan?  

Thanks a bunch!

Message 1 of 6 (936 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Upgrade from 4s to 5s

brainwaver wrote:

My new 5s should arrive shortly from Apple and I want to make sure it works flawlessly when I activate it. I've searched but can't seem to find the answer.  I'm currently on a family plan with the older $25/2GB data plan on each iPhone. Right now we are only upgrading one line. When I activate the new phone will my data plan automatically get moved to LTE or do I need to call AT&T? Will I be allowed to keep the older plan or will I need to move to a shared plan?  

Thanks a bunch!

Yes, you can keep the $25/2GB plan and it should automatically be changed to the LTE equivilent.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (900 Views)
Highlighted

Awesome! Thanks sandblaster! I knew it did automatically when I went from a 4 to a 4s but wasn't sure about moving to LTE. 

Yes, you can keep the $25/2GB plan and it should automatically be changed to the LTE equivilent.

Message 3 of 6 (886 Views)
Scholar

I think maybe your going to need abit more data then 2gb I'm afraid 4g is pretty hungrier
Then 3G lol
Message 4 of 6 (835 Views)

Thanks for the heads up Kerry. I have heard that through the grapevine.  Smiley Wink

I normally don't use more than 500mb (I'm not a heavy data user) but I'll keep an eye on my usage and if it starts to increase significantly then I'll just move us to a shared plan.

Thanks again!

Kerry78 wrote:
I think maybe your going to need abit more data then 2gb I'm afraid 4g is pretty hungrier
Then 3G lol

Message 5 of 6 (800 Views)
Scholar

Or just use WiFi lol Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 6 (761 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.