Upgrade from 4s to 5s

Highlighted

Upgrade from 4s to 5s

My new 5s should arrive shortly from Apple and I want to make sure it works flawlessly when I activate it. I've searched but can't seem to find the answer.  I'm currently on a family plan with the older $25/2GB data plan on each iPhone. Right now we are only upgrading one line. When I activate the new phone will my data plan automatically get moved to LTE or do I need to call AT&T? Will I be allowed to keep the older plan or will I need to move to a shared plan?  

Thanks a bunch!

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Upgrade from 4s to 5s

brainwaver wrote:

My new 5s should arrive shortly from Apple and I want to make sure it works flawlessly when I activate it. I've searched but can't seem to find the answer.  I'm currently on a family plan with the older $25/2GB data plan on each iPhone. Right now we are only upgrading one line. When I activate the new phone will my data plan automatically get moved to LTE or do I need to call AT&T? Will I be allowed to keep the older plan or will I need to move to a shared plan?  

Thanks a bunch!

Yes, you can keep the $25/2GB plan and it should automatically be changed to the LTE equivilent.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6

Awesome! Thanks sandblaster! I knew it did automatically when I went from a 4 to a 4s but wasn't sure about moving to LTE. 

Yes, you can keep the $25/2GB plan and it should automatically be changed to the LTE equivilent.

Message 3 of 6
Scholar

I think maybe your going to need abit more data then 2gb I'm afraid 4g is pretty hungrier
Then 3G lol
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the heads up Kerry. I have heard that through the grapevine.  Smiley Wink

I normally don't use more than 500mb (I'm not a heavy data user) but I'll keep an eye on my usage and if it starts to increase significantly then I'll just move us to a shared plan.

Thanks again!

Kerry78 wrote:
I think maybe your going to need abit more data then 2gb I'm afraid 4g is pretty hungrier
Then 3G lol

Message 5 of 6
Scholar

Or just use WiFi lol Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support