Upgrade fee

Contributor

Upgrade fee

I was charged a $36 upgrade fee.  When I called to complain, Juan told me that I was charged that to get a discount on the phone.  I said, "No, I was given a discount on the phone because I signed a two year contract."  I was never informed about an upgrade fee.  I paid nearly $500 for the phone, charger and case.  I should have gone to Verizon.

Message 1 of 5
Professor

Re: Upgrade fee

Why?  Verizon Wireless has activation and upgrade fees, as well. 

The upgrade fee is charged when you receive the phone at a subsidized price.  If you had paid full price upfront or used Next, you would not have been charged the upgrade fee.

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Spoiler
BECAUSE AT LEAST YOU ARE NOT THEIR COSTUMER YET. OVER HERE YOU ONLY HEAR "I AM SORRY BUT NOTHING THAT WE CAN DO, GO BACK TO THE STORE AND THEY MAYBE ARE ABLE TO HELP YOU. COSTUMER SERVICE DONT EVEN HAVE THE NAME OF THE SALES REPRESENTATIVES. THIS SO CALL "SALES REPRESENTATIVES WILL SAID ANYTHING TO MAKE YOU SIGN" 
Message 3 of 5
Expert

By the way - verzion also charges the same fee when you get a upgrade

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Employee

It's a standard fee. It's been around for years. Every advert that describes the 2 year pricing describes it.

The email followup describes it

If you really feel it's against principle, return it withint the first couple days and pick up AT&T NExt instead.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support