Upgrade fee clarification

Contributor

Upgrade fee clarification

I added a new line in August and bought a sim card only (no phone) thinking of buying Note 3 when it will be released. In oct, when Note 3 was released I bought the phone from AT&T with 2 year contract. Now the problem is they had already charged me 36$ for the activation of the line when I bought a sim in August and used it my own mobile (unlocked not AT&T) and they have again charged me 36$(shown as upgrade fee) when I bought the phone. I

On the site it says "The upgrade fee is a $36 one-time charge that applies when you purchase a new wireless device at a discount to replace an old device." I did not have a AT&T cell phone in the first place to upgrade. And when I talked with the customer care representative, she rudely cut the line saying that we cannot waive that fee.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Professor

Re: Upgrade fee clarification

According to your post, you said that you have bought the Note 3 from AT&T with a 2 year activation fee. This would make the $36 activation fee valid.

As far as the prior unlocked phone, you would have had to call Customee care and explain to them clearly that this was your own phone purchased from another carrier, and request the fee to be waived.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Professor

Re: Upgrade fee clarification

The activation fee was the charge to activate the line.  The upgrade fee was the charge related to the Note 3.  Both charges are valid in this situation.  If you separate the two actions, AT&T will charge for each action separately.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support