Unlocking question

Contributor

Unlocking question

I know every will tell me to go use the search to find my solution about unlocking but I think my question is some what more unique. My contract is already over and I have already filled in the forum to unlock my iPhone. While I am waiting I am worried I might not get AT&T's approval. I did bought my iphone from an apple retail store but a year after I bought it my iphone malfunctioned and it was still under warranty so the apple store gave me a replacement. Of course it has a different serial number and IMEI. I lost my original sales receipt but I still kept the exchange receipt I got from the apple store which shows when I first bought my iPhone originally. If AT&T does approve my unlock and then asks for me to fax the proof of purchase would that exchange receipt suffice? It seems AT&T is making it really troublesome to unlock. They use to let customers call in to request the unlock but no it seems they are forcing them to do that online form.

I appreciate your feedback on this
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Professor

Re: Unlocking question

If you bought your iPhone from an AT&T Corporate Store or an Apple store, I believe they should still unlock it for you as long as it was made for use on the AT&T network (as in locked to ATT). Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Master

Wait until you get a response before worrying about it.  If you get denied you can then work with ATT to explain what happened.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 6
Guru

I defenitely agree. Just hold off until you get word. If anything you should have proof that the phone was replaced from apple with a receipt or something.

Be advised that any unlocking from a 3rd party source as of right now is considered illegal. 

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Good news!!! AT&T unlocked my iPhone Smiley Happy they didn't ask for any proof of purchase or anything. It took 4 days for them to do it but I am glad they did it. Now I have to wait until November until my 4th line's contract is over. Planning to switch to t-mobile. I work for the state and we get a 15% discount from them if I sign up with them. Thanks for all your advice

Sent from my iPhone
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Yay glad to hear that! Sorry to hear about your plans to switch carriers though. :/
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support