Unlocked iPhone 5s current unlimited data contrack

Voyager

Unlocked iPhone 5s current unlimited data contrack

All,

With the announcement of the iPhone 5s and my 2 year commitment being fulfiled on my current AT&T plan I would like to know if its possible to continue to be grandfathered into the $30 iPhone unlimted data plan if I purchase an unlocked iPhone 5s?

Message 1 of 8 (3,938 Views)
Expert

Re: Unlocked iPhone 5s current unlimited data contrack

hqkross wrote:

All,

With the announcement of the iPhone 5s and my 2 year commitment being fulfiled on my current AT&T plan I would like to know if its possible to continue to be grandfathered into the $30 iPhone unlimted data plan if I purchase an unlocked iPhone 5s?

theer has been no information published by att indicating the data plan will not carry over. Apple has not announced as of yet if they will be carrying a unlocked version of the Iphone 5S so would wait and see if one is going to be offered

Message 2 of 8 (3,929 Views)
Voyager

Apple has announced an unlocked iPhone 5s just not sure how AT&T is goign to handle this.

from Apple site:

"The unlocked iPhone 5s model is A1533 (GSM). For details on LTE support, see www.apple.com/iphone/LTE."

Message 3 of 8 (3,874 Views)
Expert

hqkross wrote:

Apple has announced an unlocked iPhone 5s just not sure how AT&T is goign to handle this.

from Apple site:

"The unlocked iPhone 5s model is A1533 (GSM). For details on LTE support, see www.apple.com/iphone/LTE."

as mentioned nothing has been published about any changes to the unlimited plan, it should carry over with no problem. For the unlocked version you need to get it directly from apple and make sure that it is the unlocked version. There is a no contract version and a unlocked version.

Got a link to the text of that, been unable to find it on the Apple site? What it for future reference

Message 4 of 8 (3,866 Views)
Voyager

Its on the applestore site: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5s pick a color then scroll past the pick a carrier till you see : 

Unlocked and contract-free. nect to a T-Mobile image

Also see this link: http://store.apple.com/us/iphone/about-unlocked

Message 5 of 8 (3,771 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Not sure what you phone you have at the moment, but when you get the iPhone 5S, give AT&T a call to make sure you have the iPhone unlimited data for LTE package (not exactly that name, but something like that).

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 6 of 8 (3,605 Views)
Contributor

This is what I was told today by the official AT&T support guy online.

Message 7 of 8 (3,466 Views)
Tutor

Sure hope this stays in effect!

Message 8 of 8 (3,321 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.